Torn Gluteus Muscle

nancyflo

Feb 25, 2006
I tore my glute 10 months ago, still in much pain! Any advice is much appreciated. :confused:

nancyflo said:
I tore my glute 10 months ago, still in much pain! Any advice is much appreciated. :confused:
You might go see a good massage therapist. Friction techniques to mobilize and align the scar tissue and also to break up adhesions that have formed to adjacent structures. Stretches and strengthening for the affected muscle. Don't go to a spa for this kind of treatment tho. You might go to the AMTA website and do a search for one. Where do you live?

bulaboy said:
You might go see a good massage therapist. Friction techniques to mobilize and align the scar tissue and also to break up adhesions that have formed to adjacent structures. Stretches and strengthening for the affected muscle. Don't go to a spa for this kind of treatment tho. You might go to the AMTA website and do a search for one. Where do you live?

I live in New York City. Can you recommend someone? Thank you, so much, for your response.

nancyflo said:
I live in New York City. Can you recommend someone? Thank you, so much, for your response.
I can recommend one in Syracuse, one at the Connecticut School of Massage Therapy, and one in Virginia, near DC i think. I'm in Chicago and don't know exactly how far that is for you. Perhaps one of them would know someone good in your area. I'll give you an email address if you want.

bulaboy said:
I can recommend one in Syracuse, one at the Connecticut School of Massage Therapy, and one in Virginia, near DC i think. I'm in Chicago and don't know exactly how far that is for you. Perhaps one of them would know someone good in your area. I'll give you an email address if you want.
That would be great! Thank you, so much!

Nancy, if you're in NYC, you can try going here for some basic advice regarding it:

http://www.op.nysed.gov/massb.htm

And for locating a doctor, Google is your friend. :)

Good luck and feel better. I live in the city myself, and would help you if I knew someone. Let me know though if you find a good one!

ncc74656m said:
Nancy, if you're in NYC, you can try going here for some basic advice regarding it:

http://www.op.nysed.gov/massb.htm

And for locating a doctor, Google is your friend. :)

Good luck and feel better. I live in the city myself, and would help you if I knew someone. Let me know though if you find a good one!
Thank you, so much . . . so nice of you.

How in the world did you tear a glute? I suppose all muscles can be torn, but that's one I don't hear of often (actually,.....ever). Considering the size of the glutes and the fact that you're sitting on it (Pressure) and using it to walk, it makes sense that it would take a long time to heal.
Where in the glute is the tear?