Toronto Anyone?

gil2200

Feb 9, 2010
Hi, I'm 35 years old, male from Toronto, Love cycling, i'm a novice in road cycling, i would like to meet other people to go for a ride together, can't wait for spring to go out and ride.
Don't be shy, say hi....

Sorry for the delayed response to your post, but I just joined this forum today.

I would suggest joining tbn as they offer a variety of rides and you'll meet many fellow riders. As a road rider, I suggest the Sunday 10am rides where you have a broad range of riders at different speeds to ride with. I'll be there starting early April.

Enjoy the rides!

gil2200 said:
Hi, I'm 35 years old, male from Toronto, Love cycling, i'm a novice in road cycling, i would like to meet other people to go for a ride together, can't wait for spring to go out and ride.
Don't be shy, say hi....

Hey dude there a bike shop in kensington market, they do group rides thursdays at 7:30 and sundays at 8 in the morning.

Bikes on wheels
309 Augusta Avenue
(416) 966-2453

I love riding my bike. Even though Toronto isn't adequately equipped with proper bike lanes it's still a whole lot of fun. Of course, because Toronto is not the most bike friendly city, it's important to take proper precautions before heading out on to the streets.
Before you leave home
-Wear a helmet
-Have a bell
-Wear bright and even reflective clothes
-Tie or tuck or roll up your (usually right) pant leg, so it doesn't get tangled in your chain
-If you ride at night, bring a light
-Check your bike, test your breaks and make sure your seat is adjusted so it reaches your hip
-Have a good lock. Remember to lock your bike through the frame and both wheels.

I live in the area. Well a little north west of the city now. Plenty of excellent riding country by me. Near caledon.

If you're downtown. Check out the Leslie spit area. That's where a lot of people from the city train. Runners, cyclists, bladers etc. Great view of the Toronto skyline. Zero cars allowed. Some teams even train there regularly. Check it out. Beats training on downtown roads anyday!!

Just take Leslie st all the way south past lakeshore rd. You'll see the gated entrance to the park. Surprisingly....not everyone knows about this.