Toronto / North York Group Ride

On my way down Yonge Street north of Steeles after my lonely solo ride
at about 9:30 a.m. this morning, I passed about 75 riders going north
on Yonge. It looked like a great group ride.

Does anyone know who organizes this group ride and where it starts?

Doug Harris

[email protected] wrote:
> On my way down Yonge Street north of Steeles after my lonely solo ride
> at about 9:30 a.m. this morning, I passed about 75 riders going north
> on Yonge. It looked like a great group ride.
>
> Does anyone know who organizes this group ride and where it starts?
>
> Doug Harris

Probably Toronto Bicycling Network - http://tbn.ca/ - they have multile
group rides every weekend.

I checked the TBN website - no rides scheduled for that area today.
Plus, this group looked a little faster than the TBN crowd. Thanks
anyway.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I checked the TBN website - no rides scheduled for that area today.
> Plus, this group looked a little faster than the TBN crowd. Thanks
> anyway.

It depends entirely on how the ride is categorized. TBN have various
categories. "Sportif" is as fast as you could want.
If you are looking for a fairly local group, I can recommend. Touring
Concept Cycle Group. They have Sunday rides to the North and East of
Toronto. See:
http://www.durhamcycling.com/

In fact I'm riding to Musselmans Lake with them tomorrow.

Cheers,

Roy