Torque Settings

Robert Lee

Guest
I also cracked my carbon fiber steerer by over-tightening the stem.
Specialized replaced it for me for only $30.00, since it was still under
the warranty. I bought a torque wrench from Sears Roebuck for $75.00.

The torque settings for the various tubes and attachments are set by the
manufacturer of the bicycle. I attach the documentation that came with
my Specialized Roubaix. Note that the setting for the stem is 75 inch
pounds.

Robert Lee wrote:
> I also cracked my carbon fiber steerer by over-tightening the stem.
> Specialized replaced it for me for only $30.00, since it was still under
> the warranty. I bought a torque wrench from Sears Roebuck for $75.00.
>
> The torque settings for the various tubes and attachments are set by the
> manufacturer of the bicycle. I attach the documentation that came with
> my Specialized Roubaix.

can you host for download somewhere? no attachments work on this group!

> Note that the setting for the stem is 75 inch
> pounds.

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 12:06:21 -0800, jim beam
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Robert Lee wrote:
>> I also cracked my carbon fiber steerer by over-tightening the stem.
>> Specialized replaced it for me for only $30.00, since it was still under
>> the warranty. I bought a torque wrench from Sears Roebuck for $75.00.
>>
>> The torque settings for the various tubes and attachments are set by the
>> manufacturer of the bicycle. I attach the documentation that came with
>> my Specialized Roubaix.

>can you host for download somewhere? no attachments work on this group!
>
>> Note that the setting for the stem is 75 inch
>> pounds.

Dear R. Lee,

You can upload here:

http://tinypic.com/

No registration, no picture size reduction, takes big pictures,
accepts jpg, png, bmp, gif, tif, allows a short caption for finding
later if you lose the link.

It doesn't accept multiple uploads, but it's hard to complain about
such a nice free service.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

"jim beam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Robert Lee wrote:
>> I also cracked my carbon fiber steerer by over-tightening the stem.
>> Specialized replaced it for me for only $30.00, since it was still under
>> the warranty. I bought a torque wrench from Sears Roebuck for $75.00.
>>
>> The torque settings for the various tubes and attachments are set by the
>> manufacturer of the bicycle. I attach the documentation that came with
>> my Specialized Roubaix.

> can you host for download somewhere? no attachments work on this group!

You have to combine and decode the messages-- but if you prefer I did it and
will have it here
: http://www.bodenet.net/temp/ for a short while. Left click to view or
right click and select save.

Steve