Torque Wrench

Hi. :) sorry it took me 5 years to reply but I was in Cryostasis and sh^it...

No I haven't used that torque wrench.

1. A 1/4" drive torque wrench in the correct range of inch/ounces-low Ft./Lbs. is what is needed for assembling and adjusting a bicycle.
2. Even the Harbor Freight china Mart brands of 1/4" drive size torque wrenches are adequate as long they are not used near the bottom of their adjustment setting range. The Park Tool and other 'cycling-specific brands are usually just the same craptastic Chicom junk in another colored box.
3. The CDI/Snap-On Tools pre-set torque wrenches work well for most of the critical torque settings on a bicycle.
4. Using carbon assembly 'grease' (actually, a friction paste) on things like seat posts, handlebar stems and steerer tubes can greatly reduce the fastener torque required to achieve a solid, safe joint.
5. Lastly, experienced mechanics may not need to use a torque wrench. Common sense and a practiced touch go a long way

How the hell do these old posts keep floating to the top? And why?

That was me... The other ones was our newest troll, JSh^t or something...

#Campy... Do something terrible! :D

******. (2000) Quotes on IMDb: Memorable quotes and exchanges from movies, ... Tony, do something terrible.

What Bob said about assembly paste and most torque wrenches.

Snap On, Matco etc can be periodically recalibrated at the tool truck you buy them from.

Beam wrenches are generally very accurate as long as you store them correctly and are careful to hold the handle properly - so it balances on the pivot point.

Loctite blue is often a good thing to use and the "destructions" for most components recommend its use. When you're looking a low torque setting its not that hard for bolts to back out a little. It also helps to protect against corrosion.

You can get no-name-brand stuff at pretty cheap prices these days that do the job of a known brand and will save you half the price. It's what I've been doing lately when I've been needing some tools, including the torque wrench :D

Point is there are quality no-named stuff out there that will save you a bit.

Susimi said:
You can get no-name-brand stuff at pretty cheap prices these days that do the job of a known brand and will save you half the price. It's what I've been doing lately when I've been needing some tools, including the torque wrench :D

Point is there are quality no-named stuff out there that will save you a bit.

Who are you working for?

e68630c6c39b0672f6ed1af26b33fe179881f8a860ba9da509a57ae29e53a3f7.jpg

gavinfree said:
I call BS! Liam Neeson isn't killing anyone in this photo, and he's not even talking on the phone!

Tell me everything you know...

Volnix said:
Who are you working for?

e68630c6c39b0672f6ed1af26b33fe179881f8a860ba9da509a57ae29e53a3f7.jpg
I..I work for all those telemarketing companies that phone you from a different country and try to talk you into a deal that I say will cost you less but in fact will turn out more expensive then what you currently pay :)

Susimi said:
I..I work for all those telemarketing companies that phone you from a different country and try to talk you into a deal that I say will cost you less but in fact will turn out more expensive then what you currently pay :)

Right... What the f@ck are you doing here? What kind of cycling are you doing?

#JHuskey!!!!!!!!!!! 10 blocked members! Max!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgyjlqhiTV8

Volnix said:
Right... What the f@ck are you doing here? What kind of cycling are you doing?
I'm a casual cyclist at best and try to get at least a few miles in at the weekend. :)

Susimi said:
I'm a casual cyclist at best and try to get at least a few miles in at the weekend. :)
Which is more than what Volnix does. He has two busted legs - now busted through injury but sometimes self busted via alcohol or maybe mind altering drugs. ;)

Direct response, selective quotes used, passed the bot test. :)

Not that I thought that you were part of the JS-Lose sock puppet show in the first place. ;)

swampy1970 said:
Which is more than what Volnix does. He has two busted legs - now busted through injury but sometimes self busted via alcohol or maybe mind altering drugs. ;)

All that stuff is true... :D But this year... It all ends.

New Skyrim Proof PC, swimming poll subscription... It's gonna be the end of me. :D Goodbye cruel world! :D

Say hello to Psycho-Volnix!!! :D

tumblr_n5rta2I5SM1tro2f7o1_500.gif

mpre53 said:
Direct response, selective quotes used, passed the bot test. :)

Not that I thought that you were part of the JS-Lose sock puppet show in the first place. ;)
Do we win anything?

A badge perhaps? Your round at the bar?

Volnix said:
All that stuff is true... :D But this year... It all ends.
That's what they all say ;)

mpre53 said:
Sure. Just bring some ID to show that you're legal age. :D
Oh I think the days of being asked for ID have long since passed, my friend :)