torture your new friends



Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Hamilton

Guest
[email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>> [1] All those who work every weekday until they are too tired to get anything done, work many
>> weekend days to catch up, and still stay in good riding shape should feel free to criticize
>> me for this.
>
>> Tom Sherman - Various HPV's and slow on all of them Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)
>
>
> May I make a modest suggestion? Instead of spending hours on the computer keyboard every day
> posting your usual nonsense to this newsgroup and making my life miserable why not get out on your
> bikes and recapture some fitness and speed? However, it must be embarrassing to have to ride your
> low racer if you can not ride it fast, so again in the spirit of being ever helpful I suggest you
> resort to your Dragonflyer trike. Another thing you could do to improve your mental hygiene is to
> reclassify yourself from a fast racer type to a slow recreational type. Who knows, this could be
> the beginning of something really big - like becoming a conservative guru instead of a liberal
> guru. After all, even Paul on the road to Damascus underwent a change of heart eventually although
> it took a bolt of lightning out of the blue to cause it. Maybe if you rode your Dragonflyer in a
> storm situation a similar miracle could occur.

All the camaraderie and respect - and, dare I say it, Love - on this newsgroup really brings a tear
to my eye. The way everyone gets along without arguing or complaining should be a model for the rest
of the world. Maybe, if we spread this message of happiness and friendship, all the nations would
become as one great family and there would be no more strife or war.

-Bill Hamilton
 
T

Tom Sherman

Guest
Edward Dolan wrote:
>
> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > [1] All those who work every weekday until they are too tired to get anything done, work many
> > weekend days to catch up, and still stay in good riding shape should feel free to criticize
> > me for this.
>
> > Tom Sherman - Various HPV's and slow on all of them Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)
>
> May I make a modest suggestion? Instead of spending hours on the computer keyboard every day
> posting your usual nonsense to this newsgroup and making my life miserable why not get out on your
> bikes and recapture some fitness and speed? However, it must be embarrassing to have to ride your
> low racer if you can not ride it fast, so again in the spirit of being ever helpful I suggest you
> resort to your Dragonflyer trike. Another thing you could do to improve your mental hygiene is to
> reclassify yourself from a fast racer type to a slow recreational type. Who knows, this could be
> the beginning of something really big - like becoming a conservative guru instead of a liberal
> guru. After all, even Paul on the road to Damascus underwent a change of heart eventually although
> it took a bolt of lightning out of the blue to cause it. Maybe if you rode your Dragonflyer in a
> storm situation a similar miracle could occur.

The short answer is I am too overtired and sick to feel like doing anything. I even too tired to
sleep properly, so I amuse myself by being an online curmudgeon.

Of course, if we had a 35 hour work week [1] like the French, I believe that most people in the US
would be much more productive during the time they spent at work, and would be much happier overall.

[1] Note that the Bush II administration wants to reinterpret the Fair Labor Standards Act to allow
employers to classify anyone making over $22K per year who is in a "position of responsibility"
[2] as exempt for being paid overtime. This could turn most workers into salary slaves.
[2] Whatever that means.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)
 
E

Edward Dolan

Guest
Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Of course, if we had a 35 hour work week [1] like the French, I believe that most people in the US
> would be much more productive during the time they spent at work, and would be much happier
> overall.

There is no one in the entire universe who is more in favor of the 35 hour work week than yours
truly. It was something that I was looking forward to from my early youth but it never happened in
this country. In fact, it (the length of the work week) went the other way. So I decided early on to
let the rest of the world (except for France) go to hell and work themselves to death and I would do
my own thing - which turned out to be far far less than a 35 hour work week. See, I told you that we
have certain ideas that we can agree upon and that there is common ground after all.

> [1] Note that the Bush II administration wants to reinterpret the Fair Labor Standards Act to
> allow employers to classify anyone making over $22K per year who is in a "position of
> responsibility" [2] as exempt for being paid overtime. This could turn most workers into
> salary slaves.
> [2] Whatever that means.

I also agree with the above, but now I am starting to really get worried. Too much agreement with
you and I will know that I have taken a wrong turn and have lost my bearings.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads