TOSRV (Original)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Larry Varney, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    And speaking of TOSRV, consider riding the original, the Tour of the Scioto River Valley on May 10
    and 11. Info is at http://www.tosrv.org/03/index.htm . Some slight hills just south of the middle of
    the route, but nothing serious. One of my favorite rides - I'd go just to see the murals on the
    floodwall in Portsmouth!

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

    Tags:

  2. John W

    John W Guest

    Just wear your raincoat. Ride is legendary for having rain.

    John

    "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > And speaking of TOSRV, consider riding the original, the Tour of the Scioto River Valley on May
    > 10 and 11. Info is at http://www.tosrv.org/03/index.htm . Some slight hills just south of the
    > middle of the route, but nothing serious. One of my favorite rides - I'd
    go
    > just to see the murals on the floodwall in Portsmouth!
    >
    > --
    > Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  3. > Just wear your raincoat. Ride is legendary for having rain.

    I've riden it 5 years now; last year it rained for the first half of the day; other than
    that, zilch.

    It did SNOW briefly on the first year... so come prepaired for anything

    but DO COME !

  4. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    And last year's ride was probably the warmest Sunday morning heading north out of Portsmouth I have
    ever experienced. Got caught in a thunderstorm, but I hid out on a porch until it passed. The
    following day, though, I was going to complete 4 centuries in 4 days heading back to the Cincinnti
    area, but wimped out because the temperature was in the 50's and falling, as was a steady rain. It
    was miserable, and I chose not to be. I'll be shooting for the 4-in-4 this year on my GTO.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney