TOSRV Ride Report

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Larry Varney, May 17, 2003.

  1. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    I've put up a brief description of this year's ride. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I
    normally do - it was just too rainy, so a couple of the days I just didn't even carry the camera.
    Anyway, it's at http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney/tosrv_2003.html . And if you lop off that tos
    suffix and put in rose.jpg instead, you can see a shot of a flower. Sometimes there are other things
    besides bikes!
    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Larry Varney wrote:

    > And if you lop off that tos suffix and put in rose.jpg instead, you can see a shot of a flower.
    > Sometimes there are other things besides bikes!

    Yes, there are unicycles, trikes and quads. ;)

  3. Dave Packer

    Dave Packer Guest

    Larry Varney <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've put up a brief description of this year's ride. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I
    > normally do - it was just too rainy, so a couple of the days I just didn't even carry the camera.
    > Anyway, it's at http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney/tosrv_2003.html . And if you lop off that tos
    > suffix and put in rose.jpg instead, you can see a shot of a flower. Sometimes there are other
    > things besides bikes!

    I have to disagree a bit about the weather. Those brilliant flashes of static electricity arcing
    between the clouds and the ground I saw Saturday morning sure looked like lightning to me. And the
    hills between Chillicothe and Waverly were more than a minor inconvenience to this lardbutt.

    Otherwise, I have to agree. TOSRV is a remarkably well-run, massive enterprise which mostly depends
    on repeat performances by experienced volunteer help. The large-scale police presence helps
    encourage the local drivers to keep their frustration at the thousands of bicyclists on 'their'
    roads pretty much to themselves. The wind on Sunday was nasty - it blew out a bolt holding my
    fairing, and I had tightened that bolt at the last rest stop because I could see it loosening from
    the pounding.

    I'm already making plans for May 8, 2004. Now if I can only get my wife and teenage daughter to come
    along . . .