Totally mad, but pointless...

Kate Dicey

Guest
Sue at WW last night made us all giggle: she'd come across an ides she wanted to share. For those
who need something sweet to pig out on now and again, try a packet of made up sugar free black
currant jelly (jelly?) with diced plain boiled beetroot in it! No points in either the jelly or the
beetroot. It is, she said, surprisingly good... I'm not sure I'm quite THAT desperate yet!

Anyone else come across any similarly mad sounding ideas?

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

"Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sue at WW last night made us all giggle: she'd come across an ides she wanted to share. For those
> who need something sweet to pig out on now and again, try a packet of made up sugar free black
> currant jelly (jelly?) with diced plain boiled beetroot in it! No points in either the jelly or
> the beetroot. It is, she said, surprisingly good... I'm not sure I'm quite THAT desperate yet!
>
> Anyone else come across any similarly mad sounding ideas?

She's not pregnant is she?! ;o)

Laura

As my mother-in-law would say, It sounds (pause for effect) interesting.

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

Kate Dicey wrote:
> Sue at WW last night made us all giggle: she'd come across an ides she wanted to share. For those
> who need something sweet to pig out on now and again, try a packet of made up sugar free black
> currant jelly (jelly?) with diced plain boiled beetroot in it! No points in either the jelly or
> the beetroot. It is, she said, surprisingly good... I'm not sure I'm quite THAT desperate yet!
>
> Anyone else come across any similarly mad sounding ideas?

Yuck!
When I have no points left and desperately want to munch, I take a box of
Greek peppers out of the fridge. You know, those green chilipeppers
marinated in vinegar I think, that are sometimes served as an appetize with
olives and feta? Most people I know find them way too hot. I like them, and
after munching on 2 or 3 my mouth 's on fire for the next half hour, so no
more munching :)
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
online.co.uk...

Laura P wrote:

> "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> online.co.uk...
> > Sue at WW last night made us all giggle: she'd come across an ides she wanted to share. For
> > those who need something sweet to pig out on now and again, try a packet of made up sugar free
> > black currant jelly (jelly?) with diced plain boiled beetroot in it! No points in either the
> > jelly or the beetroot. It is, she said, surprisingly good... I'm not sure I'm quite THAT
> > desperate yet!
> >
> > Anyone else come across any similarly mad sounding ideas?
>
> She's not pregnant is she?! ;o)
>
> Laura

No - in her 50's!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Yes, those are not quite as hot as jalapinos but have a nice piquant bite - tangy. I get them on my
pastrami sandwich.

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:34:08 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Yuck! When I have no points left and desperately want to munch, I take a box of Greek peppers out
>of the fridge. You know, those green chilipeppers marinated in vinegar I think, that are sometimes
>served as an appetize with olives and feta? Most people I know find them way too hot. I like them,
>and after munching on 2 or 3 my mouth 's on fire for the next half hour, so no more munching :)

ooh - i have a thing for pickled onions, gherkins, capers, beetroot..........all great to nibble on,
great to pad out salads with too.........

--
krys

UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

> Yes, those are not quite as hot as jalapinos but have a nice piquant bite - tangy. I get them on
> my pastrami sandwich.
>
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:34:08 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Yuck! When I have no points left and desperately want to munch, I take a box of Greek peppers out
> >of the fridge. You know, those green chilipeppers marinated in vinegar I think, that are
> >sometimes served as an appetize
with
> >olives and feta? Most people I know find them way too hot. I like them,
and
> >after munching on 2 or 3 my mouth 's on fire for the next half hour, so
no
> >more munching :)

Ah, capers went into my shrimp dinner tonight with artichokes and sliced onions served over kasha.