Totally OT: Some good news please?

cathyxyz

Guest
Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
what good stuff happened to you?
--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)- who needs to hear it..

In article <[email protected]>,
cathyxyz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
> what good stuff happened to you?

Well, it's Friday... ;-)
One more shift tonight and I get to play and relax for 2 days!

It's been a tough week at work for me as well!

On the upside, I got to eat sauteed' shrimp yesterday.
One of my favorite foods!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Well, it's Friday... ;-)

Good point...

> One more shift tonight and I get to play and relax for 2 days!
>
> It's been a tough week at work for me as well!
>
> On the upside, I got to eat sauteed' shrimp yesterday.
> One of my favorite foods!

Oh yeah.... mine too. what did you sautee them in? (I hope it included
garlic?)

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

cathyxyz <[email protected]> writes:

>Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
>what good stuff happened to you?

Sorry you've had a bad week.
I don't know if this is good or not, but today, in about two hours, we
buy our first home. PANIC. I'm most nervous about the walk-through
because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
case!

Stacia

Glitter Ninja wrote:

> Sorry you've had a bad week.
> I don't know if this is good or not, but today, in about two hours, we
> buy our first home. PANIC. I'm most nervous about the walk-through
> because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
> they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
> the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
> case!

Congratulations...What an exciting time!
Even if it looked clean, wouldn't you STILL want to clean it up to your
standards anyway? Sort of wash out the previous owners?
Goomba

Goomba38 <[email protected]> writes:

>Congratulations...What an exciting time!
>Even if it looked clean, wouldn't you STILL want to clean it up to your
>standards anyway? Sort of wash out the previous owners?

By all means, I definitely would, but I bought some super duper hefty
cleaners instead of just using what I already had around the house. I
know I'll have to clean it, but to what degree I don't know, and I'm
worried it's gonna be big. We're also trying to paint this weekend,
too, before the furniture is moved in.

Stacia

Glitter Ninja wrote:

> Sorry you've had a bad week.
> I don't know if this is good or not, but today, in about two hours, we
> buy our first home. PANIC.

Don't panic! that is good news..... Congratulations!!!!

>I'm most nervous about the walk-through
> because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
> they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
> the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
> case!

Clean it if it makes you feel more at ease.... but above all enjoy your
new home

Cheers
Cathy(xyz) - who is feeling much better.

Glitter Ninja wrote:
By all means, I definitely would, but I bought some super duper hefty
> cleaners instead of just using what I already had around the house. I
> know I'll have to clean it, but to what degree I don't know, and I'm
> worried it's gonna be big. We're also trying to paint this weekend,
> too, before the furniture is moved in.

Well, on the good side, I've always noticed an increase in motivation
and energy when I was doing this sort of work for myself in a new house.
It will be fine, and fun. Enjoy it. :)
Goomba

cathyxyz wrote:
> Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
> what good stuff happened to you?

I'm sorry you've had a bad week, Cathy. Good news: I passed my insurance
license exams last Tuesday which pleased my father no end. Other than that,
I'm taking a trip on 2/16. Driving over to meet my LLL in Arkansas for a 5
day get away from everything" hiatus. Doesn't get any better than that!

OB Food: Do not try to substitute turnip greens, even if you love them, for
spinach in soup :)

Jill

> cathyxyz wrote:
>> Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
>> what good stuff happened to you?

> I'm sorry you've had a bad week, Cathy. Good news: I passed my
> insurance
> license exams last Tuesday which pleased my father no end. Other than
> that,
> I'm taking a trip on 2/16. Driving over to meet my LLL in Arkansas
> for a 5
> day get away from everything" hiatus. Doesn't get any better than
> that!
>
> OB Food: Do not try to substitute turnip greens, even if you love
> them, for
> spinach in soup :)

Congratulations Jill:))

Cathy.. I do hope you are feeling better.

jmcquown wrote:
> cathyxyz wrote:
> > Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
> > what good stuff happened to you?

> I'm sorry you've had a bad week, Cathy. Good news: I passed my insurance
> license exams last Tuesday which pleased my father no end. Other than that,
> I'm taking a trip on 2/16. Driving over to meet my LLL in Arkansas for a 5
> day get away from everything" hiatus. Doesn't get any better than that!

It sure doesn't :)

> OB Food: Do not try to substitute turnip greens, even if you love them, for
> spinach in soup :)

I'll try very hard, promise.....

Thanks Jill!

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Ophelia wrote:

> Cathy.. I do hope you are feeling better.

I am indeed. Thanks O...... It's just so nice to hear all the good
stuff..

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

In article <[email protected]>,
"cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > Well, it's Friday... ;-)

> Good point...
>
> > One more shift tonight and I get to play and relax for 2 days!
> >
> > It's been a tough week at work for me as well!
> >
> > On the upside, I got to eat sauteed' shrimp yesterday.
> > One of my favorite foods!

> Oh yeah.... mine too. what did you sautee them in? (I hope it included
> garlic?)
>
> Cheers
> Cathy(xyz)

Just a bit. :)
A little garlic does enhance shrimps!

Butter, olive oil, a little bit of garlic and a dash of salt free lemon
pepper. Also added some ground lemon peel, powdered shitake mushroom and
a little bit of soy sauce, then a teensy bit of sesame oil and finished
with a generous sprinkling of sesame seeds.

Added to the saute' were some fresh frozen sugar snap peas and some
sliced smoked sausage. That was added last and pre-cooked in the
electro-grill. I did not want the smoked flavor added to the shrimp
themselves. Was not in the mood. I drained and rinsed a can of straw
mushrooms and added them too. I'd prefer fresh sliced mushrooms but did
not have any one hand.

Here is a pic:

http://i1.tinypic.com/n3t2tz.jpg

Cheers!
--

[email protected] (Glitter Ninja) wrote:

> Goomba38 <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >Congratulations...What an exciting time!
> >Even if it looked clean, wouldn't you STILL want to clean it up to your
> >standards anyway? Sort of wash out the previous owners?

> By all means, I definitely would, but I bought some super duper hefty
> cleaners instead of just using what I already had around the house. I
> know I'll have to clean it, but to what degree I don't know, and I'm
> worried it's gonna be big. We're also trying to paint this weekend,
> too, before the furniture is moved in.
>
> Stacia

Burn LOTS of your favorite incense! :)
--

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:10:28 +0000, Glitter Ninja wrote:

> buy our first home. PANIC. I'm most nervous about the walk-through
> because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
> they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
> the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
> case!
>
> Stacia

A walk through is a two way street. Owner afraid you may not close.
Use your leverage and require someone (agent or owner) to hire a maid
service if it is still like you described. A cleaning fee is small money
in real estate transaction. Cry..it works.

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:39:20 +0200, cathyxyz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
>what good stuff happened to you?

It rained this morning. Now that might sound like bad news, but we're
down over a lot on our average rainfall for the past twelve months.
So a little rain is a very good thing, indeed.

Also, friends are coming over for steaks tonight.

Hope next week is a better one for you.

modom

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:10:28 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Glitter
Ninja) wrote:

>cathyxyz <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
>>what good stuff happened to you?

> Sorry you've had a bad week.
> I don't know if this is good or not, but today, in about two hours, we
>buy our first home. PANIC. I'm most nervous about the walk-through
>because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
>they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
>the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
>case!

It's good! Congratulations.

modom

"cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote

> Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so what
> good stuff happened to you?

Well, I went to the mall today to pick something up,
decided to stop for lunch ... today's theme was the letter
F, I guess. Fried Fish and finished with Fat. (smile)
Arthur Treacher's fish n chips and while I was eating that?
Hey! a Cold Stone Creamery!

Chocolate ice cream with reese's peanut butter cups
served in a waffle bowl ... what's not to like?

The rest of my trip was odd, but that's okay. Even the
mall gets to have an off day.

And I hope whatever it is that is upsetting you gets better
or goes away right now.

nancy

"cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so what
> good stuff happened to you?
> --
> Cheers
> Cathy(xyz)- who needs to hear it..

So sorry you had a bad week, Cathy. I hope the unpleasant things are over
and done with and that better times are ahead for you.

My week was ok....good news is that my parents are visiting for a few days.
We see them only a few times a year, so we're looking forward to the visit.
It will be a quick visit; they are passing through town on their way to
Florida. Will have to think of weekend menus very quick -- need to shop and
cook tomorrow!

My little guy (2 yrs old) got his first big-boy haircut yesterday. So much
fun to see those plump cheeks above his tissue-wrapped neck and robe-draped
body. He really wanted to get the haircut, and yet he had this suspicious
look on his face the whole time. It was pretty funny. He did very well and
the haircut looks great.

And my sister, who I also see only a few times a year, popped in the other
day. She came to town for business, and had a few hours free before her
flight home. Lovely to see her. She lost a lot of weight last year and
looks smashing.

Chris

cathyxyz wrote:
> Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
> what good stuff happened to you?

Sorry your week is craptacular. I hope it gets better!

Most of my good stuff didn't just 'happen' but every night, before I go to
sleep I assess stuff and I have this wonderful guy that makes me laugh and
holds me tight and participates in impromptu dance parties with me, I have two
doofus dogs that I love to pieces. They make me laugh too. Ghengis just had
his 2nd birthday so he got chuck roast and banana pudding!

One friend is pregnant, another had a baby boy about 4 weeks ago. These are
very happy times.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com