Totally OT: Some good news please?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by cathyxyz, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
    what good stuff happened to you?
    --
    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)- who needs to hear it..

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    cathyxyz <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
    > what good stuff happened to you?

    Well, it's Friday... ;-)
    One more shift tonight and I get to play and relax for 2 days!

    It's been a tough week at work for me as well!

    On the upside, I got to eat sauteed' shrimp yesterday.
    One of my favorite foods!
    --
    Om.

  3. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    > Well, it's Friday... ;-)

    Good point...

    > One more shift tonight and I get to play and relax for 2 days!
    >
    > It's been a tough week at work for me as well!
    >
    > On the upside, I got to eat sauteed' shrimp yesterday.
    > One of my favorite foods!

    Oh yeah.... mine too. what did you sautee them in? (I hope it included
    garlic?)

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  4. cathyxyz <[email protected]> writes:

    >Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
    >what good stuff happened to you?

    Sorry you've had a bad week.
    I don't know if this is good or not, but today, in about two hours, we
    buy our first home. PANIC. I'm most nervous about the walk-through
    because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
    they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
    the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
    case!

    Stacia

  5. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    Glitter Ninja wrote:

    > Sorry you've had a bad week.
    > I don't know if this is good or not, but today, in about two hours, we
    > buy our first home. PANIC. I'm most nervous about the walk-through
    > because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
    > they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
    > the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
    > case!

    Congratulations...What an exciting time!
    Even if it looked clean, wouldn't you STILL want to clean it up to your
    standards anyway? Sort of wash out the previous owners?
    Goomba

  6. Goomba38 <[email protected]> writes:

    >Congratulations...What an exciting time!
    >Even if it looked clean, wouldn't you STILL want to clean it up to your
    >standards anyway? Sort of wash out the previous owners?

    By all means, I definitely would, but I bought some super duper hefty
    cleaners instead of just using what I already had around the house. I
    know I'll have to clean it, but to what degree I don't know, and I'm
    worried it's gonna be big. We're also trying to paint this weekend,
    too, before the furniture is moved in.

    Stacia

  7. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Glitter Ninja wrote:

    > Sorry you've had a bad week.
    > I don't know if this is good or not, but today, in about two hours, we
    > buy our first home. PANIC.

    Don't panic! that is good news..... Congratulations!!!!

    >I'm most nervous about the walk-through
    > because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
    > they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
    > the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
    > case!

    Clean it if it makes you feel more at ease.... but above all enjoy your
    new home

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz) - who is feeling much better.

  8. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    Glitter Ninja wrote:
    By all means, I definitely would, but I bought some super duper hefty
    > cleaners instead of just using what I already had around the house. I
    > know I'll have to clean it, but to what degree I don't know, and I'm
    > worried it's gonna be big. We're also trying to paint this weekend,
    > too, before the furniture is moved in.

    Well, on the good side, I've always noticed an increase in motivation
    and energy when I was doing this sort of work for myself in a new house.
    It will be fine, and fun. Enjoy it. :)
    Goomba

  9. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    cathyxyz wrote:
    > Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
    > what good stuff happened to you?

    I'm sorry you've had a bad week, Cathy. Good news: I passed my insurance
    license exams last Tuesday which pleased my father no end. Other than that,
    I'm taking a trip on 2/16. Driving over to meet my LLL in Arkansas for a 5
    day get away from everything" hiatus. Doesn't get any better than that!

    OB Food: Do not try to substitute turnip greens, even if you love them, for
    spinach in soup :)

    Jill

  10. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    > cathyxyz wrote:
    >> Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
    >> what good stuff happened to you?

    > I'm sorry you've had a bad week, Cathy. Good news: I passed my
    > insurance
    > license exams last Tuesday which pleased my father no end. Other than
    > that,
    > I'm taking a trip on 2/16. Driving over to meet my LLL in Arkansas
    > for a 5
    > day get away from everything" hiatus. Doesn't get any better than
    > that!
    >
    > OB Food: Do not try to substitute turnip greens, even if you love
    > them, for
    > spinach in soup :)

    Congratulations Jill:))

    Cathy.. I do hope you are feeling better.

  11. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    jmcquown wrote:
    > cathyxyz wrote:
    > > Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
    > > what good stuff happened to you?

    > I'm sorry you've had a bad week, Cathy. Good news: I passed my insurance
    > license exams last Tuesday which pleased my father no end. Other than that,
    > I'm taking a trip on 2/16. Driving over to meet my LLL in Arkansas for a 5
    > day get away from everything" hiatus. Doesn't get any better than that!

    It sure doesn't :)

    > OB Food: Do not try to substitute turnip greens, even if you love them, for
    > spinach in soup :)

    I'll try very hard, promise.....

    Thanks Jill!

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  12. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Ophelia wrote:

    > Cathy.. I do hope you are feeling better.

    I am indeed. Thanks O...... It's just so nice to hear all the good
    stuff..

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  13. In article <[email protected]>,
    "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    >
    > > Well, it's Friday... ;-)

    > Good point...
    >
    > > One more shift tonight and I get to play and relax for 2 days!
    > >
    > > It's been a tough week at work for me as well!
    > >
    > > On the upside, I got to eat sauteed' shrimp yesterday.
    > > One of my favorite foods!

    > Oh yeah.... mine too. what did you sautee them in? (I hope it included
    > garlic?)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Cathy(xyz)

    Just a bit. :)
    A little garlic does enhance shrimps!

    Butter, olive oil, a little bit of garlic and a dash of salt free lemon
    pepper. Also added some ground lemon peel, powdered shitake mushroom and
    a little bit of soy sauce, then a teensy bit of sesame oil and finished
    with a generous sprinkling of sesame seeds.

    Added to the saute' were some fresh frozen sugar snap peas and some
    sliced smoked sausage. That was added last and pre-cooked in the
    electro-grill. I did not want the smoked flavor added to the shrimp
    themselves. Was not in the mood. I drained and rinsed a can of straw
    mushrooms and added them too. I'd prefer fresh sliced mushrooms but did
    not have any one hand.

    Here is a pic:

    http://i1.tinypic.com/n3t2tz.jpg

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  14. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Glitter Ninja) wrote:

    > Goomba38 <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > >Congratulations...What an exciting time!
    > >Even if it looked clean, wouldn't you STILL want to clean it up to your
    > >standards anyway? Sort of wash out the previous owners?

    > By all means, I definitely would, but I bought some super duper hefty
    > cleaners instead of just using what I already had around the house. I
    > know I'll have to clean it, but to what degree I don't know, and I'm
    > worried it's gonna be big. We're also trying to paint this weekend,
    > too, before the furniture is moved in.
    >
    > Stacia

    Burn LOTS of your favorite incense! :)
    --
    Om.

  15. jay

    jay Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:10:28 +0000, Glitter Ninja wrote:

    > buy our first home. PANIC. I'm most nervous about the walk-through
    > because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
    > they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
    > the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
    > case!
    >
    > Stacia

    A walk through is a two way street. Owner afraid you may not close.
    Use your leverage and require someone (agent or owner) to hire a maid
    service if it is still like you described. A cleaning fee is small money
    in real estate transaction. Cry..it works.

  16. modom

    modom Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:39:20 +0200, cathyxyz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
    >what good stuff happened to you?

    It rained this morning. Now that might sound like bad news, but we're
    down over a lot on our average rainfall for the past twelve months.
    So a little rain is a very good thing, indeed.

    Also, friends are coming over for steaks tonight.

    Hope next week is a better one for you.

    modom

  17. modom

    modom Guest

    On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:10:28 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Glitter
    Ninja) wrote:

    >cathyxyz <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >>Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
    >>what good stuff happened to you?

    > Sorry you've had a bad week.
    > I don't know if this is good or not, but today, in about two hours, we
    >buy our first home. PANIC. I'm most nervous about the walk-through
    >because I'm afraid they may have left the place kind of dirty. When
    >they showed the place, they had old food out and greasy spots all over
    >the kitchen. So yesterday, I bought tons of cleaning supplies, just in
    >case!

    It's good! Congratulations.

    modom

  18. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so what
    > good stuff happened to you?

    Well, I went to the mall today to pick something up,
    decided to stop for lunch ... today's theme was the letter
    F, I guess. Fried Fish and finished with Fat. (smile)
    Arthur Treacher's fish n chips and while I was eating that?
    Hey! a Cold Stone Creamery!

    Chocolate ice cream with reese's peanut butter cups
    served in a waffle bowl ... what's not to like?

    The rest of my trip was odd, but that's okay. Even the
    mall gets to have an off day.

    And I hope whatever it is that is upsetting you gets better
    or goes away right now.

    nancy

  19. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so what
    > good stuff happened to you?
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Cathy(xyz)- who needs to hear it..

    So sorry you had a bad week, Cathy. I hope the unpleasant things are over
    and done with and that better times are ahead for you.

    My week was ok....good news is that my parents are visiting for a few days.
    We see them only a few times a year, so we're looking forward to the visit.
    It will be a quick visit; they are passing through town on their way to
    Florida. Will have to think of weekend menus very quick -- need to shop and
    cook tomorrow!

    My little guy (2 yrs old) got his first big-boy haircut yesterday. So much
    fun to see those plump cheeks above his tissue-wrapped neck and robe-draped
    body. He really wanted to get the haircut, and yet he had this suspicious
    look on his face the whole time. It was pretty funny. He did very well and
    the haircut looks great.

    And my sister, who I also see only a few times a year, popped in the other
    day. She came to town for business, and had a few hours free before her
    flight home. Lovely to see her. She lost a lot of weight last year and
    looks smashing.

    Chris

  20. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    cathyxyz wrote:
    > Have had rather a bad week. Hope it's been better for you guys? If so
    > what good stuff happened to you?

    Sorry your week is craptacular. I hope it gets better!

    Most of my good stuff didn't just 'happen' but every night, before I go to
    sleep I assess stuff and I have this wonderful guy that makes me laugh and
    holds me tight and participates in impromptu dance parties with me, I have two
    doofus dogs that I love to pieces. They make me laugh too. Ghengis just had
    his 2nd birthday so he got chuck roast and banana pudding!

    One friend is pregnant, another had a baby boy about 4 weeks ago. These are
    very happy times.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com