Totally & utterly Paul Sherwin

icogs

Guest
One of the pleasures of the TdF I always love are Paul Sherwin's
tortured phrases. Post any and all howlers you hear in this year's
commentary. The best one will Totally & Utterly win nothing at all.

With Phil he's worked up a comic routine by taking the last spoken
word or phrase and starting his own comment
with that word or phrase

Is that supposed to be clever?
Do you think they talk like that to each other in the bar.

On 09/07/2007 21:33, icogs wrote:
> One of the pleasures of the TdF I always love are Paul Sherwin's
> tortured phrases. Post any and all howlers you hear in this year's
> commentary. The best one will Totally & Utterly win nothing at all.

His repeated mispronunciation of "Goudhurst" irritated my dad intensely,
as did Phil Liggett's apparent inability to pronounce "Tonbridge".
Dad's irritation (I was staying with him over the weekend because stage
1 passed 2 miles from his house) amused me just enough to stop the
mispronunciations from bothering me.

I noticed a dodgy pronunciation of "Horsmonden", but I think that only
came up once. I think there was another place name on stage 1 that they
couldn't seem to get right, but I can't think now what it was.

"Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down.
Daddy, why did you put that down?" - Charlie Colyer, age 2

In news:[email protected],
icogs <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> One of the pleasures of the TdF I always love are Paul Sherwin's
> tortured phrases. Post any and all howlers you hear in this year's
> commentary. The best one will Totally & Utterly win nothing at all.

Phil consistently referred to Ken Leninspart as the Lord Mayor of London, so
I doubt he'll be getting the right to drive his sheep across London Bridge
any time soon.

--
Dave Larrington
Murdock's Gardening Law: If it's green, the paving isn't

On 2007-07-10, icogs <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Well that serves them completely and utterly right!!"

Another one I quite liked from today was something on the lines of
"While the rest of them were asleep, Stephan Augé was dreaming...
dreaming of a polka dot jersey!"

On 9 Jul, 21:33, icogs <[email protected]> wrote:
> One of the pleasures of the TdF I always love are Paul Sherwin's
> tortured phrases. Post any and all howlers you hear in this year's
> commentary. The best one will Totally & Utterly win nothing at all.

During the prologue we were treated to "There is the new Globe
Theatre, where the Acts are given to Account."