Touch Paint FAQ

joe cipale

Guest
I am sick...

I took deleivery of my custom frame in November. Last week, my chain
slipped off of my 3y and jammed into the chain-stay of the frame, taking
out a chunk of the paint. Is ther an online FAQ I can refer to to
properly touchup a damaged paint job?

I spoke with the Tech Staff of the frame mfg (CoMotion out of Eugene,
OR) and they also suggested using regular ifnger nail polish for now.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!

Joe Cipale
--
#----------------------------------------------------------#
# Penguinix Consulting #

"joe cipale"wrote: (clip) they also suggested using regular ifnger nail
polish (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I once found an old chipped-up red Cannondale at a flea market. Another
flea market vendor had a bin full of miscellaneous colors of nail polish,
which I was able to use to make the bike look really good. Nail polish
comes in literally thousands of colors, which can be blended to make just
about anything you need. Once you find a good combination, I suggest
keeping the ingredients on hand--the frame is at the beginning of a long
life, and stuff happens.

joe cipale wrote:
> I am sick...
>
> I took deleivery of my custom frame in November. Last week, my chain
> slipped off of my 3y and jammed into the chain-stay of the frame,

taking
> out a chunk of the paint. Is ther an online FAQ I can refer to to
> properly touchup a damaged paint job?
>
> I spoke with the Tech Staff of the frame mfg (CoMotion out of Eugene,

> OR) and they also suggested using regular ifnger nail polish for now.
>
> Any thoughts/ideas?

http://www.precisiontandems.com/comotouchup.htm

Jeff

Leo Lichtman wrote:
> "joe cipale"wrote: (clip) they also suggested using regular ifnger nail
> polish (clip)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I once found an old chipped-up red Cannondale at a flea market. Another
> flea market vendor had a bin full of miscellaneous colors of nail polish,
> which I was able to use to make the bike look really good. Nail polish
> comes in literally thousands of colors, which can be blended to make just
> about anything you need. Once you find a good combination, I suggest
> keeping the ingredients on hand--the frame is at the beginning of a long
> life, and stuff happens.

I know.. but... one hates to see a paint chip. Especiallyon this paint
job. The frame builder did a really, REALLY nice job! :(

(One hates to see something happen to thier lady. wives/gfs/so come and
go, but your bike frame is something else... :^) )

Thanks for the tip. Leo. since it is in the chainstay, hidden by the
rings, that is the best solution to go with.

JOe

--
#----------------------------------------------------------#
# Penguinix Consulting #

joe cipale wrote:
> I am sick...
>
> I took deleivery of my custom frame in November. Last week, my chain
> slipped off of my 3y and jammed into the chain-stay of the frame, taking
> out a chunk of the paint. Is ther an online FAQ I can refer to to
> properly touchup a damaged paint job?
>
> I spoke with the Tech Staff of the frame mfg (CoMotion out of Eugene,
> OR) and they also suggested using regular ifnger nail polish for now.

"For now" ? Nail polish is good stuff.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/paint_repair.html

--
Andrew Muzi