Tough choice...

TraumaSurge

Sep 16, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm in a bit of a bike buying dilemma. Im deciding between two bikes: the 2010 Cannondale CAAD9 5 and the 2010 Felt F75. Both great bikes, and it's a tough choice. They problem is, this is my first road bike from an official retailer or LBS. I'm leaning towards the CAAD because of it's legendary frame and reputation as well as being made in the states. Both bikes fit and ride fantastically but along with the F75 comes a more helpful bike shop.
If I buy the F75 from the shop, they offer discounts on gear and apparel as well as free adjustments for life. They also have the Retul fit system that comes at a great deal for the purchase. The other shop has a better selection of bikes but no fit system and no discounts. Which is more important, a fantastic bike and nothing else from a decent bike shop or a nearly as great bike with perks from a great bike shop? May be a dumb question but I had to ask. When I choose a LBS I intend on being a loyal customer but this makes it slightly difficult. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Thats not a dumb question at all. I would buy the bike from the shop that offers the most amount of assistance. The Felt is not a bad bike and is very comparable to the Cannondale. Sure the Cannondale is made in America until 2011 models come out and those will be Asian. So by buying a Cannondale now your not saving any American jobs, they already know their jobs are ending.