Tough road tires

neon

New Member
Dec 2, 2003
I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter (seeing it started raining again :D ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for night riding. Any recommendations.

On May 25, 1:30 pm, neon <[email protected]>
wrote:
> I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter
> (seeing it started raining again :D ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci
> gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for
> night riding. Any recommendations.
>
> --
> neon

I noticed that Ribble in the UK has got Vittoria Rubino Pro foldings
in 25 mm as well as 23. These are tough tires that many people swear
by and others find a bit wooden - I've been using them for several
years happily, for training and C grade racing. Ribble has got 10% off
everything this weekend - I'll try to remember to post the coupon
number tomorrow.

Donga

neon said:
I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter (seeing it started raining again :D ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for night riding. Any recommendations.

I've been on Mich. Krylion's for a while now, and they've been fantastic. No flat's yet, no big cuts, and roll really well.

gm

"gravelmuncher" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...

> neon Wrote:
>> I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter
>> (seeing it started raining again :D ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci
>> gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for
>> night riding. Any recommendations.

> I've been on Mich. Krylion's for a while now, and they've been
> fantastic. No flat's yet, no big cuts, and roll really well.
>
> gm
>

> --
> gravelmuncher

Michelin Dynamics....