Tough road tires

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by neon, May 24, 2007.

  1. neon

    neon New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2003
    I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter (seeing it started raining again :D ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for night riding. Any recommendations.

    Tags:

  2. neon

    neon New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2003
    Sorry, Specialized make Armadillos. Too many animal names. :p

  3. Donga

    Donga Guest

    On May 25, 1:30 pm, neon <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    > I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter
    > (seeing it started raining again :D ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci
    > gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for
    > night riding. Any recommendations.
    >
    > --
    > neon

    I noticed that Ribble in the UK has got Vittoria Rubino Pro foldings
    in 25 mm as well as 23. These are tough tires that many people swear
    by and others find a bit wooden - I've been using them for several
    years happily, for training and C grade racing. Ribble has got 10% off
    everything this weekend - I'll try to remember to post the coupon
    number tomorrow.

    Donga

  4. gravelmuncher

    gravelmuncher New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2003
    I've been on Mich. Krylion's for a while now, and they've been fantastic. No flat's yet, no big cuts, and roll really well.

    gm

  5. NoBoozHere

    NoBoozHere Guest

    "gravelmuncher" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]

    > neon Wrote:
    >> I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter
    >> (seeing it started raining again :D ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci
    >> gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for
    >> night riding. Any recommendations.

    > I've been on Mich. Krylion's for a while now, and they've been
    > fantastic. No flat's yet, no big cuts, and roll really well.
    >
    > gm
    >

    > --
    > gravelmuncher

    Michelin Dynamics....