Tour coverage Sunday night (2004-07-18) (possible minor spoiler)

kingsley

Guest
*spoiler warning*

Did anyone catch the live coverage the other night?

There was one point during the stage where the road was
split with raised islands. For whatever reason the camera-dude
was filming the peleton from the side, Robbie McEwen(sp?) in
shot, everyone cruising on about 40km/h ++

To escape the bunch (or other reason?) Robbie bunny-hops
his bike up onto the island, rides along it, then similiarly
- and flawlessly - hops off back onto the road on the other
side just before the end and a 'keep right' bollard!

It was bloody magical; effortless style and grace.

-kt

"kingsley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> *spoiler warning*
>

> Did anyone catch the live coverage the other night?

Yes.

> There was one point during the stage where the road was
> split with raised islands. For whatever reason the camera-dude
> was filming the peleton from the side, Robbie McEwen(sp?) in
> shot, everyone cruising on about 40km/h ++
>
> To escape the bunch (or other reason?) Robbie bunny-hops
> his bike up onto the island, rides along it, then similiarly
> - and flawlessly - hops off back onto the road on the other
> side just before the end and a 'keep right' bollard!
>
> It was bloody magical; effortless style and grace.

Yes, Phil and Paul keep commenting on him being the best
bike handler in the peloton. He's an ex-bmx'er. Did you
see his wheelies across the line on two of the stages?
The d'Huez "one-hander, wipe the brow" was funny as! :)

Did you also see the guy crash into the post in one of the
centre islands? It looked painful...

hippy

"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "kingsley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> >
> > *spoiler warning*
> >

> > Did anyone catch the live coverage the other night?

> Yes.
>
> > There was one point during the stage where the road was
> > split with raised islands. For whatever reason the camera-dude
> > was filming the peleton from the side, Robbie McEwen(sp?) in
> > shot, everyone cruising on about 40km/h ++
> >
> > To escape the bunch (or other reason?) Robbie bunny-hops
> > his bike up onto the island, rides along it, then similiarly
> > - and flawlessly - hops off back onto the road on the other
> > side just before the end and a 'keep right' bollard!
> >
> > It was bloody magical; effortless style and grace.

> Yes, Phil and Paul keep commenting on him being the best
> bike handler in the peloton. He's an ex-bmx'er. Did you
> see his wheelies across the line on two of the stages?
> The d'Huez "one-hander, wipe the brow" was funny as! :)
>
> Did you also see the guy crash into the post in one of the
> centre islands? It looked painful...

I've never crashed head first into anything before. Has any one here
? Any one Hip ? Any one ?

*snip*
>>Did you also see the guy crash into the post in one of the
>>centre islands? It looked painful...
>>

> I've never crashed head first into anything before. Has any one here
> ? Any one Hip ? Any one ?

When I was a cycle courier I would consistently be distracted by some of
the more attractive pedestrians and ride up the back of buses.
Fatigue + rampant early 20s testorerone + women's summer fashions =
easily distracted = many stupid accidents.

- Mark Munk3y

"rickster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Did you also see the guy crash into the post in one of the
> > centre islands? It looked painful...

> I've never crashed head first into anything before. Has any one here
> ? Any one Hip ? Any one ?

Yeah.. ran into the back of a car whilst riding
my bmx once. I was looking for the source of
some strange noise beside the road and managed
to fit the front tyre nicely under the car's rear
bumper. I had braked at the last second and
managed not to break anything on car or bike.
Unstuck wheel, snuck away embarassed...

Then there was that time I didn't make the corner
coming down the mountain.. 50kph + sudden
stop = 40min blank memory of my first road race..

hippy

"rickster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

[...]

http://groups.google.com.au/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=YFSzc.35313%24R%251.34805%40fe22.usenetserver.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fsafe%3Doff%26ie%3DUTF-8%26as_ugroup%3Daus.bicycle%26as_usubject%3DKeep%2520your%2520head%2520up!%26lr%3Dlang_en%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den

--

A: Top-posters.