Tour de Cure - Northern Vermont!

Saus

Aug 14, 2006
A message from Saus, also known as Bennett Greene:

I recently accepted the challenge of cycling in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure fund-raising event - again. The Tour de Cure is a series of cycling events held in over 80 cities nationwide. The Tour is a ride, not a race; it features different route lengths from a leisurely 10-mile course to a demanding 100-mile journey. I have joined thousands of others to pedal in support of the Association's mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.

I am asking you to help by supporting my fund-raising efforts with a donation. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference in the lives of more than 20 million Americans who suffer from diabetes and another 54 million people in the United States with pre-diabetes. While I have your attention, I want to give HUGE thanks to those of you who have responded to my requests for donations, in previous years and this year. You have been generous. Thank you, thank you, thank you. . . but it's not over yet. I have a way to go before I meet my fund raising goal for this event.

My team in this event is called the Wingnuts. We are a group of ski instructors from Smugglers' Notch in Vermont. Our group stays in touch and stays active together all year long, and the Tour de Cure is one of our most important activities after the ski season ends (presumably, by the June 1st deadline and the date of the Ride, it will have ended).

It's fast and easy to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by selecting the "Click to Support Me" link below.

Any amount, great or small, helps in the fight against this deadly disease. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress. If you want to do even more to help, please consider joining me in this great event. Our efforts will help set the pace in the fight against diabetes.

More information on the American Diabetes Association, its programs and diabetes in general can be found at the Association's Web site: www.diabetes.org

For more information on Tour de Cure, please visit www.diabetes.org/tour.

Click here to visit my personal page.

If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/TourdeCure/TDC051788030?px=2870762&pg=personal&fr_id=5001&et=kl0R31tMda9f8m14X1OTew..&s_tafId=165980

Click here to view the team page for Wingnuts

If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/TourdeCure/TDC051788030?team_id=276110&pg=team&fr_id=5001&et=NMwrLUe-tMdDdipWwreRVw..&s_tafId=165980