Tour de France 1990

sopas

Jul 20, 2004
Watch this video. It is in Spanish but worth seeing.
Rider climb up Luz Ardiden. Greg Lemond starts a formidable attack that only Indurain is able to repond to. Both champions destroy the field. In the last meters Lemond and Indurain gets the win.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=702mu0o3xXY

Lemmond would win the 1990 tour at the end, but this Legendary Stage saw the birth of a champion. Indurain would win the next year.

thanks for that. I remember watching the Tour when I was six years old.

It's such as shame that Lemond got shot. We missed his best years...and almost as catastrophic is that he seemed to miss the boat on the EPO era starting in 91.

EvilJediJ said:

It's such as shame that Lemond got shot. We missed his best years...and almost as catastrophic is that he seemed to miss the boat on the EPO era starting in 91.

Didn't Lance's Dad have something to do with shooting LeMond ?

EvilJediJ said:

Funny, several people in the past few weeks have compared Cadel to Indurain. Cadel has never ridden like that, ever.

I also remember those Scott bars and thinking in 1991 when I started riding seriously that they were the be-all-end-all of bars...

Brings up the age-old question: Did Indurain dope (almost certainly), and if so, when did he start (1990?).

I had scott bars that I put on my one speed kid BMX style bike when i was 6 as well.

Imagine that... a six year old on a 16in rim BMX bike with aero handle bars.

jimmypop said:
Brings up the age-old question: Did Indurain dope (almost certainly), and if so, when did he start (1990?).
He was certainly on the juice in 1991 along with Chiapucci and Bugno. He may have been during1990 but could not take full advantage because of his support for Delgado.

I think Bugno was on the stuff in the 1990 Giro. I cannot remember if he was at the Tour.

sopas said:
Watch this video. It is in Spanish but worth seeing.
Rider climb up Luz Ardiden. Greg Lemond starts a formidable attack that only Indurain is able to repond to. Both champions destroy the field. In the last meters Lemond and Indurain gets the win.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=702mu0o3xXY

Lemmond would win the 1990 tour at the end, but this Legendary Stage saw the birth of a champion. Indurain would win the next year.
Two worthy champions racing against one another. Something we didn't see in this year's tour. Why was that tour much better to watch?
1. No helmets
2. Elegant bikes
3. No wheelsucking Fred former MTB'ers
4. No washed up triathletes

fscyclist said:
Two worthy champions racing against one another. Something we didn't see in this year's tour. Why was that tour much better to watch?
1. No helmets
2. Elegant bikes
3. No wheelsucking Fred former MTB'ers
4. No washed up triathletes
5. No internet forums where every idiot gets a voice;
6. No pansy reporters and former racers spilling the beans on organized doping.