Tour de France 2006

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Andrija, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Andrija

Andrija Member

The winner will be

Tags:

2. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Dickhead... there is about 200 races prior to the Tour... lets talk about them instead of polls conducted six months outside of the race...... show some respect for the sport would you.

3. Andrija

Andrija Member

Are you kidding me?
    This is Grand Tours forum, you have place where you can discuss other races.
    And you should show some respect for other members, or I'll find you on Kronplatz and kick your Cockney ass:mad:

4. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

The knife cuts deep....

5. DiabloScott

DiabloScott New Member

It does seem to be that the "road racing" forum has drifted more toward threads about riding races and this forum toward discussing pro races. There are certainly a lot of threads in here having nothing to do with GT's. Maybe we should rename them?

How about
    Road Racing -> Road Racers' Forum
    Grand Tours.... -> Pro Cycling Discussion Forum

6. Andrija

Andrija Member

Yeah, Cockney dumass.
    Armstrong's knife cuts you deep as I can see, you just have to dispraise everything related to him. You Brits are jealous 'cause an American did what no Brit will ever do.
    Tell me, is there some English rider who will actually win anything this year in Pro Tour? Not to mention GT, you don't have even top 20 contender there.

7. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

I'm actually an Australian living in Britain.... so I'm not sure what point you're making…. what say you take a spelling lesson on riders names or go overthrough a government or something.... better still go shoot them.....

8. Andrija

Andrija Member

Oh, man... Please accept my apologize. So you are actually British reject... It must be your grandfather was a convict or something.
    And Iraq is great country for cycling, maybe you should try cycling there, your government made it so free and safe...

9. luv2ride

luv2ride New Member

Well, back to subject...I think that Ullrich will win. He can time-trial very very well, which is something Basso has worked on, but still could not rival Ullrich in. Even in an uphill tt. Basso will have to attack Ullrich a lot, or go with the spanish climbers, to distance Ullrich. Still, i think that Ullrich will win by a minute or so.

10. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Let's calm it down, newbie, ok?

These threads have been reasonably civilised - and I intend to try to keep it that way - understood?

11. Andrija

Andrija Member

Several things go in Ullrich's favor this year, two long TTs, only three mountain top finishes which also fit his climbing style and the hardest stages in last - Jan's week. But we must not forget Basso was lot better than Ullrich in last two Tours he has also improved his time trialing and will improve it more, not so much to beat Jan, but to limit losses. And most important thing, Basso is in his best years Ullrich is not. One more thing, the fact Basso will go for Giro is very significant, Giro is very hard this year, hardest in years, riding it to win or to prepare for the Tour is very different, so maybe he won't be able to recover properly for the Tour.
    As I said in some other thread, I believe final TT will give us a winner, Basso will gain some time in the mountains, Ullrich in TTs, so who does better in his weaker area will win.