Tour de France 2007, who won't be allowed to start picks

Andrija

Feb 16, 2005
As the biggest race is nearing and with last year's experience, this topic is currently most interesting (at least to me).
I think there is great possibility of Astana being excluded (although they'll do everything to be on the start ramp in London), then several Caisse Epargne riders could be also excluded (Valverde's the main one), also some CSC riders, or entire team. And at the end some riders will pull out by themselves due to injuries, illness, schedule etc.(like Marchante did).
I didn't want to make quick poll on this 'cause the list would be long... Just choose your pick.

Andrija said:
As the biggest race is nearing and with last year's experience, this topic is currently most interesting (at least to me).
I think there is great possibility of Astana being excluded (although they'll do everything to be on the start ramp in London), then several Caisse Epargne riders could be also excluded (Valverde's the main one), also some CSC riders, or entire team. And at the end some riders will pull out by themselves due to injuries, illness, schedule etc.(like Marchante did).
I didn't want to make quick poll on this 'cause the list would be long... Just choose your pick.
Hmm, who actually starts and who doesn't will probably be more decisive than the race itself. I wonder if any bookies have odds going on this.

Astana
Petachi
DiLuca
Ricco
Valverde
Quick Step
Popovich
Astorola
Mazzoleni
Pereiro
Stanga-DS
Sastre
Menchov

How about Floyd and Lance's soigneur, Freddy? Is he still around? I have to say one thing for him. He makes great embrocation.

Andrija said:

Will Riis be allowed at the Tour? My guess is that he is forced to sit this year out and manage from afar.

Bro Deal said:
Will Riis be allowed at the Tour? My guess is that he is forced to sit this year out and manage from afar.
No chance, he's already been banned.