Soler 35/1
Franck Schleck 35/1
Sanchez 40/1
Devolder 40/1
Zubeldia 40/1
Dekker 45/1
Popovych 50/1

coneofsilence said:
Ain't much of a betting man but i'd throw some on Mick Rogers if i was going to.....

....looked a bit **** at the Dauphine. Not sure he'll even ride the Tour.... I think he might aim for the Vuelta...... he's not in the right condition after his illness.

whiteboytrash said:
....looked a bit **** at the Dauphine. Not sure he'll even ride the Tour.... I think he might aim for the Vuelta...... he's not in the right condition after his illness.
Still a few weeks left to go......we'll see......

whiteboytrash said:
Kirchen I presume is the alternative HR team leader. He is listed at 65/1... but that might be based on Rogers being the designated team leader at this stage.

Current edition of Cycle Sport says that the TDF is wide open - but with that they're suggesting that Eans, menchov, Schleck, Valverde are all contenders.

coneofsilence said:
Ain't much of a betting man but i'd throw some on Mick Rogers if i was going to.....

Could get rich fast.
He was definitely riding better than Evans this time last year and he will be determined to show that form again this year. (even though he is not showing form, his mind over matter revenge hormones will be on fire).

If his TT skills return to World Championship form and he climbs with good support there is no reason he shouldn't be a strong contender. (if).

Just found this nice story on Rogers that I didn't know about...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tdu02c40.shtml

JAPANic said:
Could get rich fast.
He was definitely riding better than Evans this time last year and he will be determined to show that form again this year. (even though he is not showing form, his mind over matter revenge hormones will be on fire).

If his TT skills return to World Championship form and he climbs with good support there is no reason he shouldn't be a strong contender. (if).

Just found this nice story on Rogers that I didn't know about...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tdu02c40.shtml
This year is a bit different to last year. Mick has had an illness for the majority of this year.....

Crankyfeet said:
Current best odds (June 16th - oddschecker.com) on the favourites are:

Evans 9/4
Valverde 9/2
Menchov 13/2
Cunego 11/1
Andy Schleck 12/1
Sastre 14/1
Gesink 14/1
Rogers 25/1
Anton 28/1
Soler 35/1
Franck Schleck 35/1
Sanchez 40/1
Devolder 40/1
Zubeldia 40/1
Dekker 45/1
Popovych 50/1
And that list above is the great thing about this year's Tour - on paper it seems wide open. Should be a very interesting race.

JAPANic said:
And still managed 11th place over the weekend.
Yeah well, i haven't been following the form guide. I'm just taking guesses. That's a pretty impressive placing.....:) The last race i took notice of was Paris Roubaix. And that was like a million years ago.....:D

I'd put the top three for this year as Evans, Menchov, Valverde. I'd also say Devolder and Dekker have much better odds than that.

Eldrack said:
I'd put the top three for this year as Evans, Menchov, Valverde. I'd also say Devolder and Dekker have much better odds than that.
and Sastre at 14/1? Fair enough he didn't show great form at the Dauphine but he's been around long enough to know what he's doing. 4th last year, 3rd the year before, he could be worth a punt.

Eldrack said:
I agree about Devolder, he looked good on the mountain top finish yesterday. Only guy who could go with Schleck. He could be the revelation of the Tour, not that there haven't been indications he could go well in a GT.

Rolfrae said:
and Sastre at 14/1? Fair enough he didn't show great form at the Dauphine but he's been around long enough to know what he's doing. 4th last year, 3rd the year before, he could be worth a punt.
A long history of not winning grand tours, shockingly disappointing form at the moment, I'd say that would pretty much be throwing your money away. Remember it is to win the thing, not just be a protagonist. If I were going for a long shot, I'd go for Devolder.

I'm not sure if they've put odds on Schlecks properly. IMO Franck has better chances than Andy. Everything else looks O.K., except for Gesink, who won't be even riding.
Also, that 40/1 trio could surprise, not with overall victory, but with better placing than expected (in comparison to riders with better odds).