Tour De France 2013

When Armstrong was riding it was exactly the same suspicions. Everything else came later .
MONT VENTOUX times .

1. Lance Armstrong ______ USA | 48:33 | 2002 doped
-2. Chris Froome _________ GBR | 48:35 | 2013
-3. Andy Schleck _________ LUX | 48.57 | 2009 ?
-4. Alberto Contador _____ ESP | 48:57 | 2009 doped
-5. Lance Armstrong ______ USA | 49:00 | 2009 doped
-6. Marco Pantani ________ ITA | 49:01 | 2000 doped
-7. Lance Armstrong ______ USA | 49:01 | 2000 doped
-8. Frank Schleck ________ LUX | 49:02 | 2009 doped
-9. Nairo Quintana _______ COL | 49:04 | 2013 ?
10. Roman Kreuziger ______ CZE | 49:05 | 2009 doped

11. Franco Pellizotti ____ ITA | 49:15 | 2009 doped
12. Vincenzo Nibali ______ ITA | 49:17 | 2009 ?
13. Bradley Wiggins ______ GBR | 49:22 | 2009
14. Joseba Beloki ________ ESP | 49:26 | 2000 doped
15. Jan Ullrich __________ GER | 49:30 | 2000 doped
16. Raimondas Rumsas _____ LTU | 49:49 | 2002 not sure
17. Roberto Heras ________ ESP | 49:49 | 2000 doped
18. Ivan Basso ___________ ITA | 49:52 | 2002 doped

we are just chewing the fat and I am not trying to sway your opinion one way or another.
Froomes time up AX the other day was 2nd best ever all the other riders in the top ten best times up the AX have been busted for dope. I think you do have to question things . Good or bad .

If somebody is interested in watching how it is cycling up to Ventoux (HD quality), I suggedt to visit my video:
at 8 min I looked down from the top after cycling up 1st time, than 3 min long descending - video, then after 15 min starts the Bedoin - Ventoux climb.
That day I cycled up 4 times by my touringbike (Club des Cinglés du Mt Ventoux).
This is the Mekka of the cyclists; a real pilgrimage destination; that day I saw a lot of cyclists....
Later I ascended from malaucene and Sault too.
Video:

Best regards,
Gabor

Reactions: limerickman
After this day, do you think Contador can already win this year ? Will Froome be relegated for doping ?
Choose your winner on : http://contadorvsfroome.com/

Epic stage. Enjoying the hell out of the tour this year. Great stategy.

If Your a Sky fanboy . It started to get good when Froomy lost a minute in the wind and the race seemed on again . Now unless Froomy blows it on the last 2 mountain stages then it's all over. The Most exciting tour to watch was the vuelta . Contador has not got the legs and looks tired and his hips looked very awkward in the ITT , Contador used to win most of his ITT . I Think he as had an issue on the TT bike for the last 2/3 years his performance has dropped off quite a lot in that area. I would like to know what has been going on at BMC . Thor and Cadel both had a virus and Cadel is not at the level he was since the virus , Gilbert has also dropped in performance and TJ looks half the rider from last year , I think it's not a coincidence and a virus has hit that team very hard . Its a shame Movie star got there tactics wrong otherwise I think we would have a race on right now . They went with the wrong Guy. Garmin and the tour never seem to be best of freinds it would have been nice to see Ryder in top form.
Hats off to Gabor for going up 4 times in a day . Enjoy

I don't know what to say after watching that stage to Mont Ventoux.

It was a fascinating stage for several reasons.

The rest day SKY press conference appears to have been a "is Froome doping" question and answer session.

Brailsford is having to defend and justify Froome's Mont Ventoux win apparently.

David Walsh's Sunday Times articles are interesting. He's embedded at SKY for the TDF.

" LeMond was supportive of Froome, but noted he had a "weird position" on the bike " quoted from the press i would agree to that,

"It's been a long time since we've seen a yellow jersey ride like that!"

"If you can win the time trials and win in the mountains...the only thing left is to win the Tour De France!"

Originally Posted by carbon ass .

Wiggins hit the road in 2001 He could not compete with the best riders in a ITT until he joined sky. How many years was was that ?
Froome joined Barlow World and never won or got near winning a thing he came 84th in the tour and came 36th in the giro . As soon as he joined Sky he became a GC contender . Both riders are not new riders , there results have been average to say the least in pro cycling on the road [ Wiggins a great track rider no dispute]
You don't all of a sudden become that good . Do you think Contador and co are at home having a cup of tea while Sky are Training? Logic dictates that their results are suspicious . Whatever it is they are taking I want some .
Well said, it is highly highly suspicious. I have never seen Contador not be able to hold a wheel on a climb much less getting buried like that. Reminds me of Riis toying with Mig in stage 16 in 1996 with a hemo crit in the 60s.

HMMM! GBR never wins a TDF and then two in a row from the same team, 2 seconds off LA and Ventoux's best time. This is a joke!

Cheating is no completely out of character for Froome "Froome rode the 2010 Giro d'Italia, but was disqualified for holding on to a motorbike on stage 19."

Originally Posted by alienator .

There's no need to explain it. Further, neither you, me, nor anyone else here likely knows why Wiggins won when he did. Given all of the things that he could have done prior to winning--only one of which was doping--it's certainly off the mark to attribute it to one specific thing without having any evidence. Your Leinders correlation is meaningless without proof. Here's a rule, a hard fast rule: correlation is not causation. Many things--far more than you can imagine--correlate but have no causal link. Birds **** on our farm every day, and I ride my bike every day; however, the birds pooping do not cause me to ride my bike. Likewise, me riding my bike does not cause the birds to ****. Correlation only has value if it reflects some measure of causality.

It takes more than suspicion and imagined links to prove a case. At this point, there is no reason to suspect doping by Froome or, if you prefer, Wiggins. Athletes cheat? Some have, and it's likely that some do. Do you know which ones do? No you don't. Do all athletes cheat? No they don't. Do all cyclists cheat? No, they don't. Even in the EPO days of the 90's and early 2000's, not everyone used EPO or doped in general.

I'm hiding or others are hiding from the fact that something "naughty" is going on? That's laughable, especially given the faults in logic you've displayed. You offer "peace" from one side of your mouth, while out of the other comes insults. Interesting tactic.
Yep but if the birds didn't **** until you started riding everyday then I might think that correlation was causation. Then again, after reading this I need to **** and that correlation is definitely causation.

Regardless, it is a fascinating analogy!

Busch said:
Well said, it is highly highly suspicious.  I have never seen Contador not be able to hold a wheel on a climb much less getting buried like that.  Reminds me of Riis toying with Mig in stage 16 in 1996 with a hemo crit in the 60s. HMMM!  GBR never wins a TDF and then two in a row from the same team, 2 seconds off LA and Ventoux's best time.  This is a joke! Cheating is no completely out of character for Froome "Froome rode the  2010 Giro d'Italia , but was disqualified for holding on to a motorbike on stage 19."
so then don't watch it, i had a road bike buddy that got disgusted about doping in road racing so he quit and became a very succesful freeride and downhill mtb rider, im more skeptical myself but still enjoy watching good cycling like the echelons the other day,

vspa said:
so then don't watch it, i had a road bike buddy that got disgusted about doping in road racing so he quit and became a very succesful freeride and downhill mtb rider, im more skeptical myself but still enjoy watching good cycling like the echelons the other day,
Yep. People should be a bit careful when comparing using climb times, power, and etc. Without knowing all of the variables, such comparisons lose their validity.

Oh don't get me wrong I love it, dope or not. I think the most exciting cycling was on the dope but having said that if they dont do everything they can to regulate it someone is going to die and that would be tragic.

I dont miss a minute of the TDF.

"Yep but if the birds didn't **** until you started riding everyday then I might think that correlation was causation. Then again, after reading this I need to **** and that correlation is definitely causation."

CLASSIC!
grin.png

I'm pretty sure the next few days will be the highlight of my year! No matter if you love or hate team sky, froome is a million times more exciting to watch than wiggins was last year.