Tour de France - autographed jersey!

Vo2

Aug 11, 2001
South Africa has never had a rider in the TDF, until this year when Robert Hunter rode for the Lampre Daikin squad. Visited some family recently and was shocked to hear that Robert's brother is actually dating my niece! WOWHOAAA! Guess who's getting an autographed jersey soon?

Does that also mean you have a new training partner while he's not in europe ? :)

cheers!

hmmm, don't know about that. He's a sprinter, and does 120 k's on his rest days! I would still like the use of my legs the next day, thanks! ;D

From cyclingnews.com

Lampre's Robert Hunter announced he will be joining Mapei in 2002.

I bet you he starts having some big wins next year :)

Great stuff! Lampre is cool, but Mapei is going to take him to bigger heights imho.
And he is doing just great at the Vuelta A España!
A stage win!
I'll be seeing him next month. ;D

AFPhunterline.JPG

Hmm is that robbie mc~ the aussie behind hunter? i think it is.
When you come to aus Vo2 who will you go for south africa or oz?eh split loyalties. Whats Robbies record wins? .

Hmm is that robbie mc~ the aussie behind hunter? i think it is.
When you come to aus Vo2 who will you go for south africa or oz?eh split loyalties. Whats Robbies record wins? .

I tend to support the 'heart' of a sportsman rather than his country of origin. I also support sportsmen that inspire me. Like Armstrong: He is from the US, a country that I don't really support in much, but if you were not inspired by his climb up Alp d'Huez and Saint-Lary-Soulan during this years TDF, then nothing much in cycling will inspire you. Same goes for Ullrich and an in-form Pantani.
In Formula1, I support Michael Scumacher rather than Ferrari. If he were to move over to a back-end team such as Minardi, then I'll continue supporting him there. I support his ability, his 'heart' and his passion for his sport.
From Aus, I really enjoy watching Mark and Steve Waugh play cricket. Although we have many great batsmen in SA and I support the SA team, Steve is still my fav batsman.
Although I do sometimes throw a tantrum (as we all do), I'm not one of those fanatical 'burn-the-stadium-down-when-my-team-loses' type of people.
As for Robbie Hunter, I'm not sure what his career wins are. I do know that during the TDF he wore the 'Best young Rider' jersey during the early stages, he won the 'Best young Rider' jersey in the Tour of Netherlands this year, won the Tour Beneden Maas and won stage 17 of the Tour of Spain. I'm sure there's more.

In Formula1, I support Michael Scumacher rather than Ferrari. If he were to move over to a back-end team such as Minardi, then I'll continue supporting him there. I support his ability, his 'heart' and his passion for his sport.

HEY WHATS WRONG WITH MINARDI ? hehe You're right, its not about the team or the sport (bike?) Its about the person.

People I admire most?

1st without doubt is my Fiancée Andrea

2nd would be either Lance or Indurain - Indurain because he was such a class act. Lance because.....well he's Lance  ;) (pantani maybe, cept he got caught being a dope  ;) )

3rd Mick Doohan - this guy won 5 world tittles, he put his life on the line each time he raced. A total legend IMO

cheers!

YES SIREEE!! I got the jersey last night! Robert's Lampre jersey autographed! I'll have it framed and then take some pix to show you guys.

you lucky bugger !!. Looks like Robbie H is not too bad at hill climbing either. They had the TdL on tv here and he was Only 2 minutes i think behind the leader and the stage had a big climb at the end. He was climbing with the mountain goats too ;D. didnt any one tell him he was a sprinter and not a goat? ;)