Tour de France dates in Outlook format

"Addadate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In case you are interested we have added Tour de France race dates for
> 2007.
> These are in Outlook/iCAL format ready to import.
>
> Other sports calendars available (and Google Earth files)
>
> http://www.addadate.com/tourdefrance2007/index.html

All very well having the dates but I want to know how much time i have to
get from Euston to Hyde Park corner assuming the Sleeper arrives on time.
And the opposite but from somewhere out of London on the route (Tunbridge
Wells possible) to get back to Euston to get the sleeper home.

Having watched the TDF on Live Eurosport for years I should know the rough
start and finish times.................. but i don't

Niall

in message <[email protected]>, Niall Wallace
('[email protected]') wrote:

> "Addadate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In case you are interested we have added Tour de France race dates for
>> 2007.
>> These are in Outlook/iCAL format ready to import.
>>
>> Other sports calendars available (and Google Earth files)
>>
>> http://www.addadate.com/tourdefrance2007/index.html
>>

> All very well having the dates but I want to know how much time i have to
> get from Euston to Hyde Park corner assuming the Sleeper arrives on time.
> And the opposite but from somewhere out of London on the route (Tunbridge
> Wells possible) to get back to Euston to get the sleeper home.
>
> Having watched the TDF on Live Eurosport for years I should know the
> rough start and finish times.................. but i don't

Very rough start time is 11am (not on the website but that's the sort of
time these things normally kick off - not earlier and, given the prologue
is so short, could be as late as 2pm), and the sleeper gets into London at
about 7. So you won't have trouble getting yourself a nice place by the
railings.

((DoctorWho)ChristopherEccleston).act();
uk.co.bbc.TypecastException: actor does not want to be typecast.
[adapted from autofile on /., 31/03/05]

Niall Wallace wrote:

> All very well having the dates but I want to know how much time i have to
> get from Euston to Hyde Park corner assuming the Sleeper arrives on time.
> And the opposite but from somewhere out of London on the route (Tunbridge
> Wells possible) to get back to Euston to get the sleeper home.

Trains to Tonbridge Wells from London Bridge.

You can look up the times on the Railtrack site.
Depends if you take your bike with you - there is a direct Tube line
from London Bridge to Euston, and you would be OK getting a train back
in from Tonbridge and taking the Northern line across for an 11pm departure.
Take your bike, and you can arrive at London Bridge and cycle across town.

Niall Wallace wrote:

> All very well having the dates but I want to know how much time i have to
> get from Euston to Hyde Park corner assuming the Sleeper arrives on time.
> And the opposite but from somewhere out of London on the route (Tunbridge
> Wells possible) to get back to Euston to get the sleeper home.

I would advise against going out to Tonbridge Wells to stay for the
night. Book a youth hostel NOW (Rotherhithe or any of the central London
ones, there is one in Soho and one in the City).
There will be lots going on for cyclists - rides and parties, and you
are bound to meet up with people.
I doubt Tonbridge will be a hotbed of cycling.

On the Sunday you can watch the start of the first stage on Tower Bridge
then go off on the train from London Bridge station to catch the stage
further down. That's what I plan to do (not from Tower Bridge though -
there is a big party in Southwark Park).
Plenty of time to get yourself back for an 11pm sleeper.

> in message <[email protected]>, Niall Wallace
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> "Addadate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> In case you are interested we have added Tour de France race dates for
>>> 2007.
>>> These are in Outlook/iCAL format ready to import.
>>>
>>> Other sports calendars available (and Google Earth files)
>>>
>>> http://www.addadate.com/tourdefrance2007/index.html
>>>

>> All very well having the dates but I want to know how much time i have to
>> get from Euston to Hyde Park corner assuming the Sleeper arrives on time.
>> And the opposite but from somewhere out of London on the route (Tunbridge
>> Wells possible) to get back to Euston to get the sleeper home.
>>
>> Having watched the TDF on Live Eurosport for years I should know the
>> rough start and finish times.................. but i don't

> Very rough start time is 11am (not on the website but that's the sort of
> time these things normally kick off - not earlier and, given the prologue
> is so short, could be as late as 2pm), and the sleeper gets into London at
> about 7. So you won't have trouble getting yourself a nice place by the
> railings.

Last time I got it i was in Rugby at half 8, but sounds like even a late
sleeper shouldn't cause too many problems on the saturday morning.

Cheers

Niall

"John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Niall Wallace wrote:
>>
>> All very well having the dates but I want to know how much time i have to
>> get from Euston to Hyde Park corner assuming the Sleeper arrives on time.
>> And the opposite but from somewhere out of London on the route (Tunbridge
>> Wells possible) to get back to Euston to get the sleeper home.
>>

> I would advise against going out to Tonbridge Wells to stay for the night.
> Book a youth hostel NOW (Rotherhithe or any of the central London ones,
> there is one in Soho and one in the City).
> There will be lots going on for cyclists - rides and parties, and you are
> bound to meet up with people.
> I doubt Tonbridge will be a hotbed of cycling.
>
> On the Sunday you can watch the start of the first stage on Tower Bridge
> then go off on the train from London Bridge station to catch the stage
> further down. That's what I plan to do (not from Tower Bridge though -
> there is a big party in Southwark Park).
> Plenty of time to get yourself back for an 11pm sleeper.

Cheers, never thought about the possibility of seeing the race pass in 2
places.

Don't think i will be bringing a bike down,
Getting the Edinburgh/Glasgow Sleeper instead of the Highland one gives much
better timing and I finally managed to coax that and connections out of
First Scotrails website :)

Niall

Niall Wallace wrote:

> Cheers, never thought about the possibility of seeing the race pass in 2
> places.
>
> Don't think i will be bringing a bike down,
> Getting the Edinburgh/Glasgow Sleeper instead of the Highland one gives much
> better timing and I finally managed to coax that and connections out of
> First Scotrails website :)

I'll be having a party for various u.r.c ers and ACFers

I've banged on about this on several threads - book the Rotherhithe
youth hostel or one of the chain hotels in Southwark Street or Southwark
Bridge Road. These are the hotels billed as close to the Tate Modern,
the area is 'Borough'. There is also a Travelodge in the old County Hall.
At the upmarket end, there is a new Hilton at the More London
development, beside the Thames between London and Tower bridges.
The first stage goes over Tower Bridge.