Tour de France DVDs

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Alan Henderson, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. Interested in getting a DVD or two of the Tour de France. Any recommendations as to what years would
    be the most entertaining to start with or our they all pretty good? How about with other major
    tours? Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Noel Llopis

    Noel Llopis Guest

    Alan Henderson wrote:

    > Interested in getting a DVD or two of the Tour de France. Any recommendations as to what years
    > would be the most entertaining to start with or our they all pretty good? How about with other
    > major tours? Thanks in advance.

    Check out the reviews of cycling DVDs in DVDTalk. There are a lot of Tour de France reviews, as well
    as some Giros, Vueltas, and a bunch of classics.

    http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/list.php?studioID=161&reviewType=DVD+Video

    From the list, the 2003 and the 1989 Tours have the highest score.

    --Noel

  3. Excellent! Thank you....

    "Noel Llopis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Alan Henderson wrote:
    >
    > > Interested in getting a DVD or two of the Tour de France. Any recommendations as to what years
    > > would be the most entertaining to start with or our they all pretty good? How about with other
    > > major tours?
    Thanks
    > > in advance.
    >
    > Check out the reviews of cycling DVDs in DVDTalk. There are a lot of Tour
    de
    > France reviews, as well as some Giros, Vueltas, and a bunch of classics.
    >
    > http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/list.php?studioID=161&reviewType=DVD+Video
    >
    > From the list, the 2003 and the 1989 Tours have the highest score.
    >

    > --Noel

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Alan Henderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Interested in getting a DVD or two of the Tour de France. Any recommendations as to what years
    > would be the most entertaining to start with or our they all pretty good? How about with other
    > major tours? Thanks in advance.

    I really liked the 2002 long version from World Cycling Productions. I have all of Lance's and
    Greg's Tours and I think that the '86 Tour was also pretty exciting. Too bad Greg never got enough
    perspective to see what great racing Hinault made of that race.