Tour De France Fantasy League

DVNDSN

Jun 4, 2011
Another Cyclingforums.com user wanted to start a mini-league to represent this site on http://www.rcukfantasytourdefrance.com/. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I figured I would post a new thread in this area and see if there were more takers. All you do is pick your team, riders, and bonus stage.

The winner gets a Trek Madone 5.2, and there are 2nd and 3rd place prizes as well.

What have you got to lose? Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the username/password for the mini-league!

Regards,
DVNDSN

Sent. Once I receive your request I'll accept it. Thanks for joining and good luck! The other person in the league is my wife. We both have our riders picked, but I think she may be looking to swap one of hers for someone else.

Accepted! Good luck again friend. If we get 5 people in our mini-league, then we are entered into the "League of Leagues" but I'm not quite sure what that means, do you?

No...maybe a big league where all the mini leagues compete and the winners get a mega prize..! You never know..!

A mega prize sounds nice. The best Madone with campy drivetrain or full DA would be really cool. Only if I won it though /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif... Nah, it would be cool none the less to see that.

Why does Peter Sagan and Alex Rasmussen have a jersey with a red "X" through it? Did something happen and now they are unable to compete in the tour? I'm looking on the news sites and can't find anything. Maybe I'm not looking good enough...

Your friend Ross Perks needs to know that Peter Sagan has an "X" through him. I still haven't found out why he can't compete, but he won't earn any points in the league.

Thanks.
We have made some changes to our teams now. Ready for the off then?
We are going for a ride to the coast on the first day of the tour. (about 112miles).
I am recording it on sky+ and watching when i get back, hopefully without anyone spoiling it for me!

Good luck.

Good luck to you too. Cycling isn't that famous in the U.S. so I have to watch it online live. I am still scouting some good sites. Let me know if you have any in mind!

I have calculated the points, and I very well could be wrong, but after figuring everyones placement in the first stage, and in relation to who we all picked and how RCUK does the points, Ross is in the lead with 55 pts, Andy is 2nd with 54 pts, I am 3rd with 52 pts, Amanda is 4th with 51 pts, and Sean is 5th with 50 pts. It was a pretty intense 1st stage I think. Hard to believe the trio had a 5-minute advantage for as long as they did!