Tour De France: Living the Dream

confusedfan said:
... well, if nothing else, the thread on DP seems to have spawned this new announcement/warning there about attacks on people ... http://www.dailypelotonforums.com/main/index.php?showtopic=6944&pid=105541&st=0&#entry105541
I can read by the wording of that linked DPF statement, what a frickin' power culture they have over there. Sounds like the principal giving a talk to middle school after the restrooms were vandalised.

It fully meshes with the cries and pleas for mercy from members you sometimes see when an interesting thread looks like it might be closed by moderators because someone said something political or something...

confusedfan said:
... well, if nothing else, the thread on DP seems to have spawned this new announcement/warning there about attacks on people ... http://www.dailypelotonforums.com/main/index.php?showtopic=6944&pid=105541&st=0&#entry105541
The funny thing is I have been keeping my eye on DP to, if nothing else, steal any good info and post it here. I have not seen any huge increase in personal attacks. In fact I have seen very little that I would classify of much of an "attack." I did call out one of their members for being cyclingcyclone, but come one.

Those guys are just strange over there--even without the notorious Chris H.

That Ali character cracks me up. I am struggling to think of a more clueless person. I am pretty sure I have never met anyone stupider than him, and I cannot think of anyone that thick that I have encountered on the Internet..

I found the thread that caused the announcement. Everything that happened must have occurred sometime today, but there is nothing left. The Ministry For Truth has edited it so that no one can see what is considered an attack and avoid it in the future. Smart.

Jeebus, Steve inATL has gone apeshit. There are lage sections of threads on DP that are now incomprehensible.

I'm too lazy to go over there and weed around looking for what you are referring to. Can you give us the Cliffnotes version as to what went down?

C'dale Girl said:
I'm too lazy to go over there and weed around looking for what you are referring to. Can you give us the Cliffnotes version as to what went down?
That's the problem with DP. There is now at least one thread, maybe two, where a whole bunch of consecutive posts have been edited by Steve in ATL. It's impossible to know what was there unless you read it before it was edited. It's like living under a communist regime, where history disappears as books are rewritten to meet the goals of the government.

I'm too lazy to check things out as well, but I would guess from Bro's post that some moderator deleted large portions of a few threads, thereby making them incomprehensible.

Bro Deal said:
That's the problem with DP. There is now at least one thread, maybe two, where a whole bunch of consecutive posts have been edited by Steve in ATL. It's impossible to know what was there unless you read it before it was edited. It's like living under a communist regime, where history disappears as books are rewritten to meet the goals of the government.
Yeah, I got that, but I mean, what was the initial heated topic that set things off? Or, do you not know either because it was all edited out before you saw it too?

Bro Deal said:
Posts edited as opposed to deleted? So for example, someone who initially posted something against say, FL, now looks like s/he is defending him after the editing? That is really shady.

C'dale Girl said:
Yeah, I got that, but I mean, what was the initial heated topic that set things off? Or, do you not know either because it was all edited out before you saw it too?
I think someone took a shot at campybob, and that set off a half dozen responses that were deemed too harsh for the poor eyes of DP members. Steve then got a bug up his ass and edited those posts along with a few others in different threads. Some posts by Helmut were hacked up in the Discovery show thread. There are probably others that I have not noticed.

I vaguely remember skimming over the post that included the snipe at campybob and I didn't think it was much of a personal attack.

We need a "DP Watch" thread or something. :D We could hand out popcorn.

TheDarkLord said:
Posts edited as opposed to deleted? So for example, someone who initially posted something against say, FL, now looks like s/he is defending him after the editing? That is really shady.
Some posts might be totally gone. There's no way to tell. The edited ones just have some or all of their text removed with a "post moderated for rules violation" put in.

Bro Deal said:
We need a "DP Watch" thread or something. :D We could hand out popcorn.
Yeah, if only it was exciting. I'm afraid you'd have to hand out cots for nap time instead.

Bro Deal said:
Some posts might be totally gone. There's no way to tell. The edited ones just have some or all of their text removed with a "post moderated for ules violation" put in.
Oh, that isn't as bad as the scenario that I posted. Still, you're right. Looks like some sort of communist regime. DPF = Doping aPologist Forum.

TheDarkLord said:

Sounds disasterous from a members point of view : in that scenario any comments could be attributed to any member without that members approval/knowledge.
How can a site be managed that way?

limerickman said:
Sounds disasterous from a members point of view : in that scenario any comments could be attributed to any member without that members approval/knowledge.
Lim, that was a misunderstanding on my part. They have not descended that low . . . yet.

limerickman said:
On that note Lim, can I trouble you to ask if you know when the search function will be up and running again? I'm so dazed and confused and lost without it. :confused: :)

Casa said:
Is that any worse then a forum where one poster can be told to "F*ck off" in a post which is not deleted, but have posts that are part of a peaceful discussion deleted, simply because one person has all moderation power and uses it as a tool against those he does not like?
Can you ever make a post without complaining about Lim?

And this isn't DP. You don't need to use an asterisk. :p

Bro Deal said:
Can you ever make a post without complaining about Lim?

And this isn't DP. You don't need to use an asterisk. :p

Our friend lives in cuckooland.
No member was banned and then unbanned.

And I might add no member here swore at another member - which has been falsely alleged by the previously bannned (4 time) member.

Casa, House, and Maison,

Can you write some words about your mind on doping and how that has affected cycling?
What about Landis'case? Vino's?
Do you think that Armstrong was clean? ...
Who was, probably, the first clean rider of the last TDF?