Tour de France on TV?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Paul, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hi

    Does anyone know if the Tour de France will be on TV this year,and if so which channel? I've been
    told it will only be on cable.

    Thanks for any info

    Paul

    Tags:

  2. Duffers has assured Eurosport viewers that ES will be offering live coverage as usual.

    ** Phil.
    --------
    Paul wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know if the Tour de France will be on TV this year,and if so which channel? I've been
    > told it will only be on cable.
    >
    > Thanks for any info
    >
    > Paul

  3. Trealaw Boy

    Trealaw Boy Guest

    ITV1 and ITV2 I think and Eurosport naturally.

    Ooooh, can't wait!

    TB

    Paul wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know if the Tour de France will be on TV this year,and if so which channel? I've been
    > told it will only be on cable.
    >
    > Thanks for any info
    >
    > Paul

  4. Michael Kent

    Michael Kent Guest

    > Duffers has assured Eurosport viewers that ES will be offering live coverage as usual.

    Will that be British Eurosport or Eurosport International?....Hope i'm not going to have the same
    problems as the Giro. On the same note does anyone know how to get Eurosport International on
    Telewest cable?

    Cheers Michael

  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Trealaw Boy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ITV1 and ITV2 I think and Eurosport naturally.
    >
    > Ooooh, can't wait!

    Let's hope there's no tennis on at the same time.

    Bill

  6. Panda

    Panda Guest

    my mum said that ITV was gonna have lots of coverage, but im not sure if it will be the same as last
    year. lets all moan to channel 4!

    panda

    news:[email protected]...

  7. Michael Kent wrote:

    > > Duffers has assured Eurosport viewers that ES will be offering live coverage as usual.
    > >
    > Will that be British Eurosport or Eurosport International?....Hope i'm not going to have the same
    > problems as the Giro. On the same note does anyone know how to get Eurosport International on
    > Telewest cable?

    Definitely ES International, and probably British ES as well, but I can't be certain of the latter
    as I have no Sky receiver...

    ** Phil.

  8. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know if the Tour de France will be on TV this year,and if so which channel? I've been
    > told it will only be on cable.

    I got a second Sky dish and box from my dad and pointed it at the Astra satellite at 19.2E. You can
    get all the German regional channels like MDR, BR, WDR, NDR etc as well as Belgian, Dutch, Italian
    etc TV, so it's damn near impossible not to find it! It's all free to air and you don't need a
    card. You can get a program here to help you point the dish at the correct spot -

    http://www.smw.se/smwlink/smwlink.htm

  9. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:6f31d9b.0306030[email protected]...
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if the Tour de France will be on TV this year,and if so which channel? I've been
    >> told it will only be on cable.
    >
    > I got a second Sky dish and box from my dad and pointed it at the Astra satellite at 19.2E. You
    > can get all the German regional channels like MDR, BR, WDR, NDR etc as well as Belgian, Dutch,
    > Italian etc TV, so it's damn near impossible not to find it! It's all free to air and you don't
    > need a card. You can get a program here to help you point the dish at the correct spot -
    >
    > http://www.smw.se/smwlink/smwlink.htm

    ......and if you do that, then like us, you could have beeen watching the Tour of Germany this
    afternoon!!! Jan

    ---

  10. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Simon Mason wrote:
    > > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone know if the Tour de France will be on TV this year,and if so which channel? I've
    > >> been told it will only be on cable.
    > >
    > > I got a second Sky dish and box from my dad and pointed it at the Astra satellite at 19.2E. You
    > > can get all the German regional channels like MDR, BR, WDR, NDR etc as well as Belgian, Dutch,
    > > Italian etc TV, so it's damn near impossible not to find it! It's all free to air and you don't
    > > need a card. You can get a program here to help you point the dish at the correct spot -
    > >
    > > http://www.smw.se/smwlink/smwlink.htm
    >
    > ......and if you do that, then like us, you could have beeen watching the Tour of Germany this
    > afternoon!!! Jan

    Unfortunately the 3 females in our house want to sit watching flaming Big Brother all day. Anyway,
    had a good hour watching an old 1970s Musikladen show on Bayerische Rundfunk last Friday night :)

  11. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:54:09 +0100, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Unfortunately the 3 females in our house want to sit watching flaming Big Brother all day.

    I had the misfortune of mistuning my remote control to all-night Big Brother yesterday or, rather,
    early this morning. In the interest of getting into the mind of the common man <fanfare>, I watched
    the programme for about 20 minutes.

    Do people actually watch this crap on a regular basis? If so, why? Personnaly, I just do get it.

    Honestly, I do not wish to come across as being "superior" - although, having said that ... :) -
    I'm just terribly confused as to why some enjoy BB as entertainment.

    Just one day without any reading material would drive me mad. Madder?

    Yet again, as I mentioned or agreed with in another thread, I enjoy programmes such as Monty Python,
    Have I got News For You and I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue. Horses for courses and other such clichés,
    I suppose.

    James

  12. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 19:45:43 +0100, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm just terribly confused as to why some enjoy BB as entertainment.

    What amazes me is that it's called "reality TV" - how unreal can you get?

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  13. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Simon Mason wrote:
    >>> "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]...

    >>> I got a second Sky dish and box from my dad and pointed it at the Astra satellite at 19.2E. You
    >>> can get all the German regional channels like MDR, BR, WDR, NDR etc as well as Belgian, Dutch,
    >>> Italian etc TV, so it's damn near impossible not to find it! It's all free to air and you don't
    >>> need a card. You can get a program here to help you point the dish at the correct spot -
    >>>
    >>> http://www.smw.se/smwlink/smwlink.htm
    >>
    >> ......and if you do that, then like us, you could have beeen watching the Tour of Germany this
    >> afternoon!!! Jan
    >
    > Unfortunately the 3 females in our house want to sit watching flaming Big Brother all day.
    > Anyway, had a good hour watching an old 1970s Musikladen show on Bayerische Rundfunk last Friday
    > night :)

    Perhaps a second TV set would be a useful addition to your household ;-)

    Jan

    ---

  14. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    James Hodson wrote:
    > I had the misfortune of mistuning my remote control to all-night Big Brother yesterday ...

    Bummer. Commiserations.

    > Do people actually watch this crap on a regular basis? If so, why?

    In at least one case, just to be able to take the p*ss. See http://www.monkeyontoast.com

    Thomas Paine

  15. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:26:54 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>I'm just terribly confused as to why some enjoy BB as entertainment.
    >
    >What amazes me is that it's called "reality TV" - how unreal can you get?

    Guiy, matrrt

    Jusdt gho and reptrly ::::::::L I assume you'r agreeing with me, Gyuy>

    Kanjhera.