Tour De France Power files and WIN a Free SRM!

Hunter w/kg

Jul 4, 2003
Hey Folks-

Couple of things you might be interested in:

-We are hosting Tour de France power files on 2010 Tour de France SRM Power Files:Team Saxo Bank
Team Saxo Bank and Chris Anker Sorenson has been very kind to share his files with us. The team at SRM are downloading the teams data
each day and playing a large role. Chris' data from last year is also up on our site as well, so you'll be able to compare year to year!

I am analyzing each stage, marking up the WKO file and then posting that file to our site each day, so you can see first hand my comments and
an easy to view WKO power file.
Really crazy stages so far. Stage 3 coming in about an hour!!!

-Register to win a FREE SRM, free coaching from myself and other goodies this month on our site too!

-You will need a copy of TrainingPeaks WKO+ software to view the files, and we have a free 14 day trial.
Get a trial and you'll be automatically entered to win the SRM.
2010 Tour de France Sweepstakes

Hope you enjoy!

Hunter Allen

Thing that really strikes me about these files is the TSS. 205 on a flat sprinters day, over 300 on stage 2 and 3! Given my CTL is probably only 80 or 90 that seems like a huge amount of TSS to me and really hammers home how fit these athletes are. At this rate you'll be looking at an average of over 250 TSS for every day of the Tour and I'll be interested to see just how high that goes when we hit the mountains.

Edit: Also of interest. It says his FTP is 393 watts and sources suggest his weight is 64kg putting his FTP Power/Weight at 6.14!!! I'm guessing Frank Schleck is pushing 6.4w/kg at FTP otherwise Chris would be the team leader. Still, between Sorensen and Fulsgang it looks like Schleck still has some very strong mountain domestiques to help him.

Yes, great observations. I don't expect too many stages over 330, but we might see a few. CTL at the end of the Tour?????
Probably 170-180-190... That's what I would say are the upper limits for CTL. I mean, after getting your CTL to 180ish at the end of the TDF, would you want to do another TDF to take your CTL higher? :eek:

And Yes, Sorenson is a talented climber and he in fact won the a BIG Mt. stage at the Giro this year and the designated leader of Saxo in the Giro this year. Anker Sørensen Wants Another Grand Tour Win For Denmark | Cyclingnews.com

nothing like having a "Super" domestique on your side....

Hunter

Bummer! Apparently I need the new version of WKO to read the file.

Hunter w/kg said:
Hey Folks-

Couple of things you might be interested in:

-We are hosting Tour de France power files on 2010 Tour de France SRM Power Files:Team Saxo Bank
Team Saxo Bank and Chris Anker Sorenson has been very kind to share his files with us. The team at SRM are downloading the teams data
each day and playing a large role. Chris' data from last year is also up on our site as well, so you'll be able to compare year to year!

I am analyzing each stage, marking up the WKO file and then posting that file to our site each day, so you can see first hand my comments and
an easy to view WKO power file.
Really crazy stages so far. Stage 3 coming in about an hour!!!

-Register to win a FREE SRM, free coaching from myself and other goodies this month on our site too!

-You will need a copy of TrainingPeaks WKO+ software to view the files, and we have a free 14 day trial.
Get a trial and you'll be automatically entered to win the SRM.
2010 Tour de France Sweepstakes

Hope you enjoy!

Hunter Allen

And strangely, the online .wko file viewer isn't available. It was good for a quick glance at .wko files instead of having to fire up WKO. But I guess they really want us to use WKO3...