Tour de France predictions

Well the podium at Paris will be Basso, Ullrich and Mancebo.

Ok, we' re saying something stupid just for time to pass... :D

It is 3pm just about and I am leaving work to go home and drink irregular quantities of various alcoholic mixtures.
This is my plan and if post again today I apologize in advance for any typos or foul language.
A man must have a plan and this is mine I hope you have yours.

jhuskey said:
It is 3pm just about and I am leaving work to go home and drink irregular quantities of various alcoholic mixtures.
This is my plan and if post again today I apologize in advance for any typos or foul language.
A man must have a plan and this is mine I hope you have yours.
As someone who has done his share of PUI (posting under the influence) I understand and look forward to your enlightened perspective.

My plan is to go for a ride, and look forward to a strange and unpredictable tour starting (hopefully) tomorrow.

How do I "unvote"... please mentally subtract one from Ivan and add one to Levi when you look at that chart.

garnetstar said:
Levi seems like a flash in the pan to me, for no good reason whatsoever. So, don't take my opinion on him seriously.
Huh? In 5 starts he has one DNF and 4 top 10 O/A giving him the best and consistent TdF CV of all american riders this year.

Just a thought, maybe estupido but just a thought.

With Lombardi and Basso out, CSC is still a pretty strong team. I wonder if Riis and team will try for GC with a rider like Julich or if they will adopt a rider like Valverde or Vino who don't have team\strong teams to back them.

At any rate, with riders like Cancellara, Julich, Jens, Zab and Vande, they can still win stages and TT's.

lw

lwedge said:
Just a thought, maybe estupido but just a thought.

With Lombardi and Basso out, CSC is still a pretty strong team. I wonder if Riis and team will try for GC with a rider like Julich or if they will adopt a rider like Valverde or Vino who don't have team\strong teams to back them.

At any rate, with riders like Cancellara, Julich, Jens, Zab and Vande, they can still win stages and TT's.

lw
They dont have Cancellara and they are being investigated for doping at Paris Roubaix.
With one rider out already, I wouldnt exactly be holding my breath for team CSC. I fell bad for Zabreeeskeee because if he IS clean, everything he does will be tainted y association with Basso now.

Sastre will be the team leader.

bobke said:
They dont have Cancellara
Sastre will be the team leader.
Did I miss something, what's up with Cancellara ?

Looks like Vino's a confirmed "no go" as well, what a mess.

I voted for Floyd before Jan won the TdS and became my pre-race favourite. I'll go for Landis, although I'm looking forward to Levi and Cadel challenging. Come to think of it. This Tour may be very entertaining. Imagine if Lance had turned up.

In light of recent events - doping scandels, etc
Here is my prediction

Leipheimer ;)
Valverde
Landis
Evans
Vinokourov

Ricktoon

wilmar13 said:
Huh? In 5 starts he has one DNF and 4 top 10 O/A giving him the best and consistent TdF CV of all american riders this year.
Yeah, I know. It's just my gut saying that; that's why I said not to take it seriously. My head isn't saying that.

ricktoon said:
In light of recent events - doping scandels, etc
Here is my prediction

Leipheimer ;)
Valverde
Landis
Evans
Vinokourov

Ricktoon

Vino's not riding unless he gets a new team by tomorrow morning.
Valverde's only in by the skin of his teeth.

This is Levi's year!

DiabloScott said:
Vino's not riding unless he gets a new team by tomorrow morning.
vino is pretty guilty by association in this case anyway, but i still feel pretty bad for him, kashechkin, sanchez and the fourth guy whose name i dont know. if they weren't cheating, which they probably were, then to not be able to race because your teammates cheated is pretty sad.

moviekindoflife said:
vino is pretty guilty by association in this case anyway
Yeah it is possible that he is a clean rider but given the fact that most of his team and DS were implicated, in retrospect it kinda makes one suspicious how he was able to attack like a mad man over and over (even being chased by his own teammates) last year. :confused:

wilmar13 said:
As someone who has done his share of PUI (posting under the influence) I understand and look forward to your enlightened perspective.

My plan is to go for a ride, and look forward to a strange and unpredictable tour starting (hopefully) tomorrow.

My entitled...err enlleghtened prepositive....I think well maybe not, but what th ehell, life suck and then you ride a bike.
It's late! Drink hard, ride long!

I will have to scratch Vino from the list. It will be interesting to see how this Tour develops.