Tour De France Start Date?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Maple Tree, Jun 13, 2008.

  1. Maple Tree

    Maple Tree Guest

    When does it start?

    Is there a Tour homepage?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. On Jun 13, 8:07 pm, "Maple Tree" <n...@none.com> wrote:
    > When does it start?
    >
    > Is there a Tour homepage?
    >
    > Thanks

    don't bother, it's finished already

  3. Maple Tree

    Maple Tree Guest

    <carlfogel@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:07:34 -0400, "Maple Tree" <none@none.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>When does it start?
    >>
    >>Is there a Tour homepage?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > Dear MT,
    >
    > Saturday, July 5th, 2008:
    > http://www.letour.com/2008/TDF/COURSE/us/index.html
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Carl Fogel

    Thank you, Carl!

  4. On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <n...@none.com> wrote:
    > When does it start?
    >
    > Is there a Tour homepage?
    >
    > Thanks

    What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
    riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
    they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
    as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

    -ilan

  5. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    On Jun 13, 6:00 pm, ilan...@gmail.com wrote:

    > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
    > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
    > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
    > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

    Excellent question. It's to throw off the doping police. If they rode
    like they really could, the average speed would be too high; then
    Antoine Vayer would write another article about how it's humanly
    impossible to ride the Tour.

  6. In article
    <2ad0578f-3bfc-437c-893d-0e1b0acf7e90@e53g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
    ilanpsi@gmail.com wrote:

    > On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <n...@none.com> wrote:
    > > When does it start?
    > >
    > > Is there a Tour homepage?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
    > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
    > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
    > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

    Over in Europe they are going on strike all the time.
    But if bicycle racers go on strike what are they going
    to do? Spend the day in a sweat-shop? So instead of
    racing they just go slow and enjoy the scenery. HTH; HAND.

    --
    Michael Press

  7. ilanpsi@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <n...@none.com> wrote:
    >> When does it start?
    >>
    >> Is there a Tour homepage?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
    > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
    > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
    > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?
    >
    > -ilan

    And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
    gone?

  8. <ilanpsi@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <n...@none.com> wrote:
    >> When does it start?
    >>
    >> Is there a Tour homepage?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
    > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
    > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
    > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?
    >
    > -ilan

    http://www.google.com/search?q="dav...-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

    --Mike Jacoubowsky
    Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReaction.com
    Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

  9. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Fred Fredburger wrote:
    > And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
    > gone?

    If you search for my ass you get :
    <http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.8.31.73838.2611.html>

  10. * * Chas

    * * Chas Guest

    "Fred Fredburger" <FredFredburger@Where.Are.The.Nachos> wrote in message
    > ilanpsi@gmail.com wrote:
    > > On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <n...@none.com> wrote:
    > >> When does it start?
    > >>
    > >> Is there a Tour homepage?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks

    > > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
    > > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
    > > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
    > > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?
    > >
    > > -ilan

    > And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
    > gone?

    How to tell if your ass is too small...

    http://www.rickleephoto.com/rlsmall.htm

    Chas.

  11. Paul G.

    Paul G. Guest

    On Jun 15, 11:09 am, "* * Chas" <verktygj...@aol.spamski.com> wrote:
    > "Fred Fredburger" <FredFredbur...@Where.Are.The.Nachos> wrote in message

    > > ilan...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
    > > > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
    > > > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
    > > > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

    > > > -ilan

    > > And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
    > > gone?

    > How to tell if your ass is too small...
    >
    > http://www.rickleephoto.com/rlsmall.htm
    >
    > Chas.

    I laughed my ass off at that one!
    -Paul

  12. On Jun 14, 4:40 pm, Fred Fredburger
    <FredFredbur...@Where.Are.The.Nachos> wrote:
    > ilan...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <n...@none.com> wrote:
    > >> When does it start?

    > >> Is there a Tour homepage?

    > >> Thanks

    > > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
    > > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
    > > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
    > > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

    > > -ilan

    > And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
    > gone?

    You need more twinkies.
    http://gizmodo.com/380168/cycle-bag-twinkie-storage-unit-for-big+assed-cyclists

  13. In article
    <2b1b2ec3-4304-43ae-a7c0-b6cfe0a420d2@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    SLAVE of THE STATE <gwhite@ti.com> wrote:

    > On Jun 14, 4:40 pm, Fred Fredburger
    > <FredFredbur...@Where.Are.The.Nachos> wrote:
    > > ilan...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
    > > > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
    > > > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
    > > > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

    > > > -ilan

    > > And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
    > > gone?

    > You need more twinkies.
    > http://gizmodo.com/380168/cycle-bag-twinkie-storage-unit-for-big+assed-cyclist

    That was merely dumb, but led me to this thing, which was awesomely
    dumb, and included video:

    <http://gizmodo.com/5016577/bi+cycle-tandem-bike-is-perfect-for-the-coupl
    e-thats-going-nowhere>

    It's both a tandem abomination and a brakeless fixie, plus the video
    includes them accidentally breaking version 1.

    What can I say? I'm a sucker for bad tandems.

    BTW, the YouTube caption says "riding this bike demands a trust bond
    between the riders."

    No, a tandem requires a trust bond. This thing is more like a suicide
    pact.

    BTW, a friend told me a story of riding a rented tandem with his
    not-much-of-a-cyclist wife briefly captaining. They hit a bump, and she,
    surprised, jumped off the bike!

    Now, full points for the fact that she managed to get off a moving
    tandem without falling down. But as you can imagine, my friend was not
    so impressed.

    They're still married,

    --
    Ryan Cousineau rcousine@gmail.com http://www.wiredcola.com/

  14. In article
    <rcousine-3A35B2.19340416062008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
    Ryan Cousineau <rcousine@gmail.com> wrote:

    > In article
    > <2b1b2ec3-4304-43ae-a7c0-b6cfe0a420d2@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    > SLAVE of THE STATE <gwhite@ti.com> wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 14, 4:40 pm, Fred Fredburger
    > > <FredFredbur...@Where.Are.The.Nachos> wrote:

    > > > And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
    > > > gone?

    > > You need more twinkies.
    > > http://gizmodo.com/380168/cycle-bag-twinkie-storage-unit-for-big+assed-cyclist

    > That was merely dumb, but led me to this thing, which was awesomely
    > dumb, and included video:
    >
    > <http://gizmodo.com/5016577/bi+cycle-tandem-bike-is-perfect-for-the-coupl
    > e-thats-going-nowhere>
    >
    > It's both a tandem abomination and a brakeless fixie, plus the video
    > includes them accidentally breaking version 1.
    >
    > What can I say? I'm a sucker for bad tandems.
    >
    > BTW, the YouTube caption says "riding this bike demands a trust bond
    > between the riders."
    >
    > No, a tandem requires a trust bond. This thing is more like a suicide
    > pact.
    >
    > BTW, a friend told me a story of riding a rented tandem with his
    > not-much-of-a-cyclist wife briefly captaining. They hit a bump, and she,
    > surprised, jumped off the bike!
    >
    > Now, full points for the fact that she managed to get off a moving
    > tandem without falling down. But as you can imagine, my friend was not
    > so impressed.
    >
    > They're still married,

    But she is considering removing the feeding tube.

    --
    Michael Press