Tour De France Start Date?

On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
> When does it start?
>
> Is there a Tour homepage?
>
> Thanks

What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

-ilan

On Jun 13, 6:00 pm, [email protected] wrote:

> What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
> riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
> they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
> as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

Excellent question. It's to throw off the doping police. If they rode
like they really could, the average speed would be too high; then
Antoine Vayer would write another article about how it's humanly
impossible to ride the Tour.

In article
<2ad0578f-3bfc-437c-893d-0e1b0acf7e90@e53g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
[email protected] wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > When does it start?
> >
> > Is there a Tour homepage?
> >
> > Thanks

> What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
> riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
> they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
> as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

Over in Europe they are going on strike all the time.
But if bicycle racers go on strike what are they going
to do? Spend the day in a sweat-shop? So instead of
racing they just go slow and enjoy the scenery. HTH; HAND.

--
Michael Press

[email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> When does it start?
>>
>> Is there a Tour homepage?
>>
>> Thanks

> What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
> riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
> they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
> as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?
>
> -ilan

And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
gone?

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
> gone?

If you search for my ass you get :
<http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.8.31.73838.2611.html>

"Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
> > On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> When does it start?
> >>
> >> Is there a Tour homepage?
> >>
> >> Thanks

> > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
> > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
> > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
> > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?
> >
> > -ilan

> And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
> gone?

How to tell if your ass is too small...

http://www.rickleephoto.com/rlsmall.htm

Chas.

On Jun 15, 11:09 am, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > [email protected] wrote:

> > > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
> > > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
> > > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
> > > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

> > > -ilan

> > And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
> > gone?

> How to tell if your ass is too small...
>
> http://www.rickleephoto.com/rlsmall.htm
>
> Chas.

I laughed my ass off at that one!
-Paul

On Jun 14, 4:40 pm, Fred Fredburger
<[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > On Jun 14, 2:07 am, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> When does it start?

> >> Is there a Tour homepage?

> >> Thanks

> > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
> > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
> > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
> > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

> > -ilan

> And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
> gone?

You need more twinkies.
http://gizmodo.com/380168/cycle-bag-twinkie-storage-unit-for-big+assed-cyclists

In article
<[email protected]>,
SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 14, 4:40 pm, Fred Fredburger
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote:

> > > What I'd like to know is why sometimes in the Tour de France, the
> > > riders are all bunched up in one big group and it doesn't look like
> > > they're riding fast at all. Isn't it a race, I mean shouldn't they go
> > > as hard as they can like runners running a marathon sprint?

> > > -ilan

> > And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
> > gone?

> You need more twinkies.
> http://gizmodo.com/380168/cycle-bag-twinkie-storage-unit-for-big+assed-cyclist

That was merely dumb, but led me to this thing, which was awesomely
dumb, and included video:

<http://gizmodo.com/5016577/bi+cycle-tandem-bike-is-perfect-for-the-coupl
e-thats-going-nowhere>

It's both a tandem abomination and a brakeless fixie, plus the video
includes them accidentally breaking version 1.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for bad tandems.

BTW, the YouTube caption says "riding this bike demands a trust bond
between the riders."

No, a tandem requires a trust bond. This thing is more like a suicide
pact.

BTW, a friend told me a story of riding a rented tandem with his
not-much-of-a-cyclist wife briefly captaining. They hit a bump, and she,
surprised, jumped off the bike!

Now, full points for the fact that she managed to get off a moving
tandem without falling down. But as you can imagine, my friend was not
so impressed.

They're still married,

In article
<rcousine-3A35B2.19340416062008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 14, 4:40 pm, Fred Fredburger
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > And by the way, where's my ass? It used to be here somewhere. Where's it
> > > gone?

> > You need more twinkies.
> > http://gizmodo.com/380168/cycle-bag-twinkie-storage-unit-for-big+assed-cyclist

> That was merely dumb, but led me to this thing, which was awesomely
> dumb, and included video:
>
> <http://gizmodo.com/5016577/bi+cycle-tandem-bike-is-perfect-for-the-coupl
> e-thats-going-nowhere>
>
> It's both a tandem abomination and a brakeless fixie, plus the video
> includes them accidentally breaking version 1.
>
> What can I say? I'm a sucker for bad tandems.
>
> BTW, the YouTube caption says "riding this bike demands a trust bond
> between the riders."
>
> No, a tandem requires a trust bond. This thing is more like a suicide
> pact.
>
> BTW, a friend told me a story of riding a rented tandem with his
> not-much-of-a-cyclist wife briefly captaining. They hit a bump, and she,
> surprised, jumped off the bike!
>
> Now, full points for the fact that she managed to get off a moving
> tandem without falling down. But as you can imagine, my friend was not
> so impressed.
>
> They're still married,

But she is considering removing the feeding tube.

--
Michael Press