Tour de France Withdrawal?

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:57:20 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> How are we supposed to adjust, after watching the Tour on TV for 2.5 - 5
>> hours for three weeks? Even the two rest days were tough.

>Here's the way I handle it - The month before the Tour I play ALL of my past
>Tour de France tapes and DVD's. By the time the Tour is here I'm so sick of
>it that I only have to watch on weekends and am satisfied to read it on
>cyclingnews.com. By the time the Tour is over I'm so sick of it that it's a
>relief not to have to watch bicycles racing.
>
>Then I buy the 12 hour DVD from World Cycling Video and by the time it
>arrives I'm all jacked up again and ready to see what really happened. (The
>reports are ALWAYS wrong!)

There's baseball.....

yesterday I took out a tape of the 2004 giro, two mountain stages. One
was the finish in bormio with the gavia pass. Eight thousand feet- I
look at the spectators against the snow and feel cooler, and also
wonder how the f*** they get up there! The stage after that includes
the mortirolo.

Pete wrote:
> This year's TdF, just as the last one and the ones before that, was about as
> close to a snoozefest as competitive sports can provide,

Dumbass -

You've got your head up your ass. The last 2 Tours were boring, but the
2003 TdF was about as good as it gets.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.