Tour de France

Pas Souci said:
Vinokourov
Add me to the list for a Vino win. He rode D-L sensibly not going into the red too much (a la Floyd in 2006), but also made sure his teammates got a stage win and will therefore be extremely keen to pay the boss back in July's big one. He's got all the knowledge of doping he amassed at Telkom alongside Ulle and Kloden, whatever **** Saiz and Fuentes taught him, and now a the whole glorious Kazakh nation and all its doctors behind him.

Very hard to speculate with all the current uncertainties. There could well be significant withdrawals right up to Prologue time. This could potentially leave totally unheralded figures in with a shout, like Cyril Dessel last year . If everyone goes, then the winner will undoubtedly come from Astana whose 'preparation' has been pretty thorough.

Gregers said:
Very hard to speculate with all the current uncertainties. There could well be significant withdrawals right up to Prologue time. This could potentially leave totally unheralded figures in with a shout, like Cyril Dessel last year . If everyone goes, then the winner will undoubtedly come from Astana whose 'preparation' has been pretty thorough.
I agree, I think the only way Vino won't win is if he crashes during the race or isn't allowed to start.

Rolfrae said:
Add me to the list for a Vino win. He rode D-L sensibly not going into the red too much (a la Floyd in 2006), but also made sure his teammates got a stage win and will therefore be extremely keen to pay the boss back in July's big one. He's got all the knowledge of doping he amassed at Telkom alongside Ulle and Kloden, whatever **** Saiz and Fuentes taught him, and now a the whole glorious Kazakh nation and all its doctors behind him.
Agreed

Cadel on a technicality. :D
Cadel due to some late minute disqualifications or scandals. :p
Cadel after Vino gets a puncture on the last vital climb and his car can't get to him in time. :eek:
Cadel on a wing and a prayer. :cool:
Cadel if he gets on the juice..... :eek:

JAPANic said:
Cadel on a technicality. :D
Cadel due to some late minute disqualifications or scandals. :p
Cadel after Vino gets a puncture on the last vital climb and his car can't get to him in time. :eek:
Cadel on a wing and a prayer. :cool:
Cadel if he gets on the juice..... :eek:
You missed out: Cadel if he can keep both collarbones intact! :)

Astana certainly have been good as a team this year and have a lot of tough riders. Vino is on form, but we shall see if he can climb consistantly for more than a couple of days at a time. Levi also rode very conservatively at the DL so who knows?

1. Piti
2. Vino
3. Evans
4. Kasheskin
5. Schleck
6. Cyril Dessel
7. Sastre
8. Moreau
9. Casar
10. Leipheimer
DNF-Kloden, Pereiro, Menchov

Yep, three French guys in the top ten.