Tour de France

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Flamestar, Apr 6, 2003.

  1. Flamestar

    Flamestar Guest

    Hopefully the US will pull the US Post Office team from the Tour de France. We should have a
    competing bicycle race at the same times and give twice the prize money.

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "flamestar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hopefully the US will pull the US Post Office team from the Tour de France. We should have a
    > competing bicycle race at the same times and give twice the prize money.

    Why the hell would they do that? Dave

  3. "flamestar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hopefully the US will pull the US Post Office team from the Tour de France. We should have a
    > competing bicycle race at the same times and give twice the prize money.

    But then we'd miss the pictures of American & Texas flags waving Lance to victory all up and down
    the Champs D' Elysses!

    Chris

  4. [email protected] (flamestar) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Hopefully the US will pull the US Post Office team from the Tour de France. We should have a
    > competing bicycle race at the same times and give twice the prize money.

    Yeah, and call it the Tour de Freedom. Are you going to round up the sponsors to pony up twice the
    prize money of the TDF for a bicycle race here in the States? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!! Get real.

  5. flamestar <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hopefully the US will pull the US Post Office team from the Tour de France. We should have a
    > competing bicycle race at the same times and give twice the prize money.

    Why don't you do that. Don't be surprised if no top-level teams from Europe will show up, but you
    can call your race World Championships to make up for that lack of prestige.

    -as

  6. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    Antti Salonen <[email protected]> wrote:

    >flamestar <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Hopefully the US will pull the US Post Office team from the Tour de France. We should have a
    >> competing bicycle race at the same times and give twice the prize money.
    >
    >Why don't you do that. Don't be surprised if no top-level teams from Europe will show up

    Maybe they would have all the top teams rejected for stupid reasons (like Lampre) to make space to
    second level french teams. I bet that a competition between Lance and Rumsas on some other Tour
    would be far more interesting that a challenge between those eternal runner ups from ONCE and
    Banesto, I bet they would find a way to make someone else win anyway.

  7. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "flamestar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hopefully the US will pull the US Post Office team from the Tour de France. We should have a
    > competing bicycle race at the same times and give twice the prize money.

    Oh grow up

    Stan

  8. "Didier A. Depireux" wrote:

    > It would be called "The World Tour of North America".

    Reminds me of one John Cleese interview, after beein asked about differences between
    England and USA:

    "First, we speak English. Second when we hold a 'world' sporting championship, we invite other
    countries to participate. And thirdly when we greet our head of state, we are only required to go
    down on one knee."

    Dieter