Tour de Georgia Needs Mo Money

wimpyVO2

Guest
http://tinyurl.com/2lfklp

I'm thinking we need to get more of the local population into
attending the race. Ideas?

How 'bout

1. Change water bottles into Bud bottles.
2. No jerseys. Riders must wear wife-beater T's instead.
3. Require all sew-ups to have raised white letters.

On 3/1/07 7:00 PM, in article
[email protected], "wimpyVO2"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/2lfklp
>
> I'm thinking we need to get more of the local population into
> attending the race. Ideas?
>
> How 'bout
>
> 1. Change water bottles into Bud bottles.
> 2. No jerseys. Riders must wear wife-beater T's instead.
> 3. Require all sew-ups to have raised white letters.

4. Require restrictor plates for all IV machines..

ST wrote:
> On 3/1/07 7:00 PM, in article
> [email protected], "wimpyVO2"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2lfklp
>>
>> I'm thinking we need to get more of the local population into
>> attending the race. Ideas?
>>
>> How 'bout
>>
>> 1. Change water bottles into Bud bottles.
>> 2. No jerseys. Riders must wear wife-beater T's instead.
>> 3. Require all sew-ups to have raised white letters.
>>

> 4. Require restrictor plates for all IV machines..

Which, I guess, implies that you let Cat IV's in...

In article <[email protected]>,
"wimpyVO2" <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/2lfklp
>
> I'm thinking we need to get more of the local population into
> attending the race. Ideas?
>
> How 'bout
>
> 1. Change water bottles into Bud bottles.
> 2. No jerseys. Riders must wear wife-beater T's instead.
> 3. Require all sew-ups to have raised white letters.

Interesting. My Jan 1 "drunken cyclocross" ride implemented 1.5 of these
suggestions.

The .5 was no _club_ jerseys. It was a drunken cyclocross ride, after
all.

On 1 Mar 2007 19:00:31 -0800, "wimpyVO2" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>http://tinyurl.com/2lfklp
>
>I'm thinking we need to get more of the local population into
>attending the race. Ideas?
>
>How 'bout
>
>1. Change water bottles into Bud bottles.
>2. No jerseys. Riders must wear wife-beater T's instead.
>3. Require all sew-ups to have raised white letters.

Bike mounted cameras on the riders most likely to crash. I'm not
current on the list right now.

That seems to get people into the ESPN highlights as well. While
waiting for the NCAA basketball scores, I'm building a clear image
that NASCAR racing consists largely of right turns into the wall.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On Mar 2, 3:22 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> > 1. Change water bottles into Bud bottles.
> > 2. No jerseys. Riders must wear wife-beater T's instead.
> > 3. Require all sew-ups to have raised white letters.

> Interesting. My Jan 1 "drunken cyclocross" ride implemented 1.5 of these
> suggestions.
>
> The .5 was no _club_ jerseys. It was a drunken cyclocross ride, after
> all.

I need to ride with your crew! Sounds like a blast, too many around
me take themselves way too seriously. I'd love to get into a ride/
group like that.

On Mar 1, 7:00 pm, "wimpyVO2" <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/2lfklp
>
> I'm thinking we need to get more of the local population into
> attending the race. Ideas?
>
> How 'bout
>
> 1. Change water bottles into Bud bottles.
> 2. No jerseys. Riders must wear wife-beater T's instead.
> 3. Require all sew-ups to have raised white letters.

When I posted this little bit of humor directed at the NASCAR crowd in
Georgia, I didn't know Georgia was being hit with bad storms that took
the lives of several people. With humor, timing is everything, I
picked a bad time. My sympathies to the storm victims and families.