Tour de Langkawi on SBS yesterday

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Kingsley, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Kingsley

    Kingsley Guest

    The schedule said this was for an hour from 11 to 12:00. I recorded from 10:59 to 12:05, yet seem
    to have missed the final two stages (including the finish!) grrr... (and I checked my times - it
    wasn't me)

    Does anyone have the final 15 minutes ?

    -kt

    Tags:

  2. Hitchy

    Hitchy New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Messages:
    1,876

    G'day,

    I was out racing, one of the boys mentioned it was on, so I rang 'the boss' who taped it for me. Thnakfully, she forgot to turn the video off, otherwise I would have missed the end as well. The 2nd last stage is HUGE. 3 team mates fighting it out for overall honours...the yellow going out the back on the final climb....his team mates attacking him (& everybody else), when it was clear he was suffering too much to win!.......whoo hoo!!....thanks SBS, enjoyed it heaps yesterday arvo with a cold VB,

    cheers,

    Hitchy

    cheers

  3. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    kingsley wrote:
    > The schedule said this was for an hour from 11 to 12:00. I recorded from 10:59 to 12:05, yet seem
    > to have missed the final two stages (including the finish!) grrr... (and I checked my times - it
    > wasn't me)
    >
    > Does anyone have the final 15 minutes ?

    Yep. Basically it consists of video of guys riding road bikes while Phil does some commentary. Then
    there's some graphics of GC placings, etc. And finally some skinny girls in silk dresses dancing
    between clashing bamboo poles. And lots of aerial shots of the skyscrapers in KL.

    P.S. How about the typical stage profile for the TdL - a flat line followed by a straight line at
    45 degrees! Are there no descents in the whole country?

    &roo