Tour de Romandie

beached whale

Nov 13, 2006
Im looking forward to this, some tough stages with a bit of everything. There are a few contenders out there, dekker, sastre, horner etc. How do you see this one playing out? Anyone got a start list so we can pick favourites..

thunder said:
fellow Gatesie fan Drongo.

You are in some good company. Do you know Esther from Taree?

:D
I don't believe that I've seen Esther since January. You neither, I imagine.

Drongo said:
I don't believe that I've seen Esther since January. You neither, I imagine.
Esther is getting a little old. Lets hope she recovers some form or we might have to switch allegiance to Edelle from the Isle of Man

Suppose i will go for Dekker. Won last year and has been going really well recently. Should be able to rely on Menchov for support as well. Cyclingnews seems to think the mountain stage this year is possibly the hardest so maybe that one will be a bit more decisive than last year. However, Dekker was at the front on that stage so maybe that will make no difference. John Gadret may benefit more from the harder mountain stage though. Big unknown is surely Kloden. He doesnt seem to have much form, has been ill and is out of favour at Astana. Could he come back with a bang? Personally i think he will finish maybe 10th or something.

I cannot bring myself to pick an Astana rider, so Kloden is out. It has to be Dekker.

I would love to see Gadret ride high on GC.

it would be great to see Gadret do well, or a BMC rider, but my pick would be someone from CSC... Larsson

Larsson's CSC man for the Giro so one would expect he'd do well in Romandie.

Cavendish takes the prologue, ahead of Bennati.

hawkeye87 said:
My implication was not clear, or perhaps it was just stupid of me instead. I was indicating that he looks like a woman.

Maybe he was one of Vino's roommates, like prison, where you take the prettiest :D

thunder said:

Maybe he was one of Vino's roommates, like prison, where you take the prettiest :D
I'm thinking that Ned Beattie's character from Deliverance would dig Maxim.

hawkeye87 said:
My implication was not clear, or perhaps it was just stupid of me instead. I was indicating that he looks like a woman.
:D We have women athletes who grew a beard, and now we have male athletes who look feminine? Is estrogen a PED?

Maxim is one of those guys from the "all new" Astana who was on the team last year. You know, the one that got thrown out of the Tour.

TDL, last time I checked estrogen was not a PED unless you want to build cup size.

huboon....yeah, I thought he was one of the "born again" Astana riders.

hawkeye87 said:
TDL, last time I checked estrogen was not a PED unless you want to build cup size.

huboon....yeah, I thought he was one of the "born again" Astana riders.
Hawkeye, my estrogen comment was in jest... ;)