Tour de Suisse

wicklow200 said:
Yes I think I read that too

But will Simoni do the tour this year or skip it for the Vuelta to keep sponsors happy?
I think he'll skip it too.

limerickman said:
My TdS kiss of death goes to : Frank Schleck.
At the moment, I find it hard to tip against Astana...
Thus, either Kloden or Kessler perhaps.

whiteboytrash said:
Sorry I should clarify..... Cuengo will not be riding the Tour as originally planned as his "illness" is getting worse with fatigue.... he and his doctors are trying to work out what the best course of action for his career... ie stop now and solve the problem or reduce the workload...
He was riding strongly yesterday at the TDS. I think you're confused WBT. And to think I believed you yesterday and went and sent a bunch of flowers with a note of condolence to Damiano's wife - only to find out the he's alive and well. I felt like a right muppet. :D

cyclingheroes said:
Gibo already said he wouldn't start at the Tour.

Kessler is in a great form, he was 6th yesterday. Klöden 8th.

I just had a gut feeling Kessler might show well in this race. They are still trying to make a showing for ,you know who, but I think Kloden will hold back a little and do his thing in the TDF.
I am told that Kessler has out climbed Ullrich.

jhuskey said:
I just had a gut feeling Kessler might show well in this race. They are still trying to make a showing for ,you know who, but I think Kloden will hold back a little and do his thing in the TDF.
I am told that Kessler has out climbed Ullrich.
Well it seems like Kessler is holding back as well:

48 Matthias Kessler (Ger) Astana 8.07

cyclingheroes said:
Well it seems like Kessler is holding back as well:

48 Matthias Kessler (Ger) Astana 8.07

S**t happens. That just means he is the only clean rider,right? :D

jhuskey said:
S**t happens. That just means he is the only clean rider,right? :D
No, you forgot to mention this Basque rider:
157 Benat Albizuri Aransolo (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 57.43

I heard he is clean as well (Actually the rumor-mill says his soigneur is forcing him to take a shower after every race:D )

cyclingheroes said:

I heard he is clean as well (Actually the rumor-mill says his soigneur is forcing him to take a shower after every race:D )

Oh the humanities!
I have sent two e-mails to a couple of guys in Switzerland and no response. I bet they are following the stages in person .

cyclingheroes said:

very funny LOL.

Looks like God is trying to get the dopers at the TDS !
____
A big storm had the riders scramble for shelter under trees and the hail even did some damage to team cars. The race jury therefore decided to interrupt the race and skip the 2,749 metre high Nufenenpass.

This may come to the relief of some riders and the dismay of others, but obviously the rider's health goes first.

The restart in Ulrichen, with 95 kilometres to the finish, will be momentarily. I've never experienced anything like that before. All of a sudden these huge hailstones were falling from the sky," said Gerolsteiner Directeur Sportif Reimund Dietzen. "Our team cars have several dents and some of the bike frames have been broken from the hail. Beat Zberg, Johannes Frohlinger, Markus Zberg and especially David Kopp, none of whom could get under cover quickly enough, have lumps on their arms and backs [from where they were hit by hailstones]. Some of the other teams' cars had their windshields broken. I saw one rider changing clothes and his back was covered with really big bumps."

whiteboytrash said:
____
A big storm had the riders scramble for shelter under trees and the hail even did some damage to team cars. The race jury therefore decided to interrupt the race and skip the 2,749 metre high Nufenenpass.

This may come to the relief of some riders and the dismay of others, but obviously the rider's health goes first.

The restart in Ulrichen, with 95 kilometres to the finish, will be momentarily. I've never experienced anything like that before. All of a sudden these huge hailstones were falling from the sky," said Gerolsteiner Directeur Sportif Reimund Dietzen. "Our team cars have several dents and some of the bike frames have been broken from the hail. Beat Zberg, Johannes Frohlinger, Markus Zberg and especially David Kopp, none of whom could get under cover quickly enough, have lumps on their arms and backs [from where they were hit by hailstones]. Some of the other teams' cars had their windshields broken. I saw one rider changing clothes and his back was covered with really big bumps."
just a coincidence? i dont think so :)

Dekker looking good with his win today. If he's on form tommorrow as well he could well win with that time trial as the last stage.

whiteboytrash said:
____

Jan put a curse on the race.

Eldrack said:
Dekker looking good with his win today. If he's on form tommorrow as well he could well win with that time trial as the last stage.
He's 20 minutes down on GC, no way he can win.
Schleck, Karpets, Marchante, Efimkin are men to watch.

Andrija said:
He's 20 minutes down on GC, no way he can win.
Schleck, Karpets, Marchante, Efimkin are men to watch.
Correct, Thomas won't win - he did not came to win. He is looking for some white jersey in a neighbouring country..