Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Tour de Warrumbungles

Started by TimC · · Last activity · 4 posts · 591 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
5 April 2007
Last activity
6 April 2007
Original author
TimC
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
591
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Mmmm, hills:
    http://www.coonabarabran.com/cycling/gallerytour.htm

    False flats:
    http://www.coonabarabran.com/cycling/Tourde2007/web%20size/onroad.jpg

    Having attacked the field early:
    http://www.coonabarabran.com/cycling/Tourde2007/web%20size/Tim.jpg

    They had a sneaky handicapping system. The full ride goes from town
    up to the top of the observatory, and could theoretically leave the
    observatory for the national park about the same time as the ones
    doing the shorter ride down the observatory into the NP. But in order
    to give the shorter riders an advantage, they tempt us with coffee and
    muffins at the top.

    Anyway, I was the first down the mountain of the guys I left with,
    which is what counts. Ah, local knowledge. I bet they even used
    brakes on some of the corners.

    --
    TimC

    Quoted message said:

    Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.


    And space is so that it doesn't all happen to you.
    -- Matthew L. Martin and John D Salt in ARK

  2. TimC said:

    <Tour de Warrumbungles stuff>

    Sorry I missed it. I'll get a report on Sunday from the Dubboites who
    did go.

    Hey Tim, does your observatory cater for tourists, or is it strictly
    business? I'm thinking of bringing my kids up for a gander over the
    school holidays.

    --
    John
    When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb.

  3. On 2007-04-05, John Pitts (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:

    Hey Tim, does your observatory cater for tourists, or is it strictly
    business? I'm thinking of bringing my kids up for a gander over the
    school holidays.

    There's an exploratory which may or may not be open after July ("come
    quick, it may be your last chance!"😉. But our visitors gallery where
    you get to peer *at* the big scope is always open. Can't use the
    telescope though of course.

    Go to skywatch closer to town to look through 'scopes.

    --
    TimC
    We are no longer the knights who say "ni"
    We are the knights who say "icky icky (Comet) Ikeya-Zhang zoooboing!"
    --Lord Ender on /.

  4. TimC said:

    On 2007-04-05, John Pitts (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:

    Hey Tim, does your observatory cater for tourists, or is it strictly
    business? I'm thinking of bringing my kids up for a gander over the
    school holidays.

    There's an exploratory which may or may not be open after July ("come
    quick, it may be your last chance!"😉. But our visitors gallery where
    you get to peer *at* the big scope is always open. Can't use the
    telescope though of course.

    Thanks for the info Tim. Yes, I was just wanting to look at it, wasn't
    expecting to look through!

    --
    John
    Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one
    instruction. By induction, every program can be reduced to one instruction
    which doesn't work.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.