Tour des Yvelines

sylvain007

Mar 12, 2003
This race will run from 9 to 11 may 2003

It's one of the most important races in the world for amators. I don't speak about false-amators or profesionnel-amators, who makes only cycling as job. No, it's a race for the riders who have a local level!

There is two stages town to town in line, a TT by team and a criterium.

It's a very good race and it will be fantastic if a Australian team, or a South-African, American or British team could race with us!

The teams are composed by 5 or 6 racers.

If you are interested, contact me on my private box on the site or answer me there! Last year a German team has participated. You must decide you before 1st april!

Yvelines a a local division near Paris (in fact near versailles)

Here is the official advertisment : (it's not commercial!!!)

3-picture.gif

Dear Sylvain007

This Race looks very Interesting But what Lisence Catigory do I need and also Can I race this Race with my Lebanese Cycling Federation Lisence, and can Get UCI or Any other Points and also I want to know If I can entre this race as a Indevidual Cyclist Rather than a Team well I am definetly Interested in this race so If you can reply to my questions soon Then Please do so, I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

In France it is a race for racers who have a "série régionale" licence. But for the other federations, I think it is no important. You don't have yet a british licence?

If you have a british licence, what is your category? In this case, you could come with a team of your english team.

If you just have a libanese licence, you could come with a Libanese national team, but you must find 4 or 6 libanese riders to come with you!

Perhaps there is another solution if you cannot with the two first : perhaps you could run with my team for this race, but it would be difficult.

This race gives no UCI points, but give points for the french federation classement.

I'm waiting for your answer, and another questions!

Sincerely, Sylvain

Dear Sylvain007

I am Lebanese and that is why I a Lebanese Lisence I really Want to do this race it Looks and Seems very Interesting and Tough But I am the Only Lebanese Road Cyclist and also I am Not a Member of a team here in England If you can please Put me in your team I will be very thankfull to you But Its Up to you if you can squize me in your team I have good Stamina and I have good Endurance and I feel This Race could be good to Do to see how My training is going well I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra

The best thing is that tomorrow you will search a club and take a licence in the south east and then you will make races every weeks. then you could try to convince your potential new club to come in France for the 8,9,10 and 11 may...after, if it's not possible I could ask to my president and to my federation if it's possible that you come with us, but the best is that you find a club immediatelly!!!

La dâte de cloture des candidatures est le 1er avril : dépêche toi!

For English clubs see : http://www.bcf.uk.com/clubs/2003/clubs_contents.shtml

and for the races in England see :

http://www.bcf.uk.com/calendar/2003/calendar_contents.shtml

I've phoned to the event manager, and he said me that it is impossible to make a mix-team...

He said me ther is 2 solutions :

-you can come with a National Libanese team with any Libanese Riders

-you take a licence in a British club and come with it

In the 2 soultions, you must have a letter from the federation (Libanese in the first case, British in the second) to the french federation to permit you to run in France!

Hi Sylvain007

I saw your post on "Race in Belgium" topic and I have some questions.

Is accommodation and meals provided by race organisation?

Which French clubs have already confirmed their participation?

Riders in my team have Elite licences so is it possible for us to participate?

Is that 152 euros a participation fee? (My french is quite poor)

Is that race for regional level riders?

I raced in France with VS Cahors in 2001 and I rode elite races, category 1.12.1-1.12.4 and some stage races in category 2.12.1, for example Tour Nord Isere, so I know french racing a bit. I also rode Bordeaux-Saintes, although I didn't finish it. So is the level of that race same than french elite races or is it the same level than national races?

In wich country have you your licence?
I don't what elite in your country is in France, you must ask this at your federation.

But le Tour des Yvelines is a race for category Regionale (just under nationale), so I don't know if you could participate! But if you could, it will be great, because it's a very good race!

Here is the link of the official advertissment ; don't hesitate to ask questions to the organiser, by mail because I think he don't speaks English very well!

http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/sylvain007/images/3-picture.gif?0.46877350184024846

You comes from Finland, ther is a good rider who comes from Finland in France : Miika Hietanen

the 152€ is just a guarantee, they will return it after, it's just because a lot of teams are canditates and they don't want defections at the last time...

If you have other questions, don't hesitate!

We are all from Finland and we have Finnish licences. Level of Finnish cycling isn't too high. I'm going to ask my directeur sportif what is his opinion, but my teammates were interested when I asked some of them.

I will contact you in this forum before Sunday 23.3.2003 whether we can participate Tour des Yvelines. I'm going to leave for Spain this sunday so I may have some difficulties with commnication through internet.

Miika Hietanen helped me with VS Cahors and I know him quite well. He's a good cyclist.

Hey Sylvain
Can you help?
I am looking for a team to ride in next year (2004) in Europe
I am 21, Australian, etc

Thanks in advance

Dear Wannabepro

What Catigory License do you have and also are you looking to Ride with One of the Elite Teams If not then Please Consider My Team.
I have been recently Been in Contact with Various Big Name Sports Companys and Other Companys for a Sponsorship deal, and It seems very Promising, I am to contact the UCI To Ask them for a License so that the Riders I have In my Team could be Allowed to Take Part in Elite Races But Only as Amatures or full Elite if they have the Appropriate Rankings.
I would Be Unable to Pay such High Salaries as all the Elite and Established teams But At least you can Get a chance of Riding in Europe, Well I am Hopefully Going to Have a WebSite for My Team and When I do You will be the first t know about it.

The reasons why I decided to organise my Own team is solelly for the reasons That all my Local Clubs That I have around me Are all Into Time Trials, I like TimeTrials But I love Road Racing, I am Pretty New to Cycling But I have been training Hard and I could be Allowed to Take part at the B World Championships for my Country, I am still awaiting what Catigory License I am Getting from my National Federation But I am Guessing its a U23 Catigory 3 or 2 License which should Let me take Part in Most of the Catigory 2 Races in Europe so Its all good stuff.
I really Hope you would consider my small Team cheap as chips team but at least you will race in europe and with no pressure of producing miracles to stay in the team but Like I said I am new to cycling and there are still some Loose ends to Sort out in the mean time Contact me on [email protected], I hope you do join my team and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra
President of TEAM KHADRA

Hello Wannabee pro!! I could help you, no problem! I think that you could find a ream in France that is a good country for cycling. But I must have more informùations! I will ask it on your private box!

Thank you both for your replies
Anybody else with any other help please do not hesitate to contact me:D Thanks again;) Cheers