Tour Down Under

Steve Ashmore

Guest
Did anyone actually see the sprint on the crit. stage? I am wondering if Brown really went off his
line or if McEwen is just being himself (difficult to get along with).

Steve Ashmore

"Steve Ashmore" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Did anyone actually see the sprint on the crit. stage? I am wondering if Brown really went off his
> line or if McEwen is just being himself (difficult to get along with).
>
> Steve Ashmore

I saw it and I think the judges were correct. It happened with about 200m to go as Brown jumped off
Lancaster's wheel, right into McEwen (who was holding his line). Brown said he had to go somewhere,
but it was a pretty wild move. Hard call, but if Lancaster had moved to his right, then he would
have got in the way of Cooke.

Brownie really doesn't like McEwen any more. He was surprisingly calm about it afterwards though, as
was happy that he did actually cross the line in front of him.

Jeff