Tour Easy bodysock tail piece

Don B.

Guest
Can someone please provide a photo of the tail piece structure required for a bodysock on a Tour
Easy? I'm trying to make one up myself for a bodysock I bought recently on eBay, but haven't figured
out how to do it. All experimental models welcome!!!

Thanks,

Don Santa Cruz

Have you check teh Easy Racer Web site? (sure you have). Maybe they have or could send you a pic of
the structure.

Phil

"Don B." skrev...
> Can someone please provide a photo of the tail piece structure required for a bodysock on a Tour
> Easy? I'm trying to make one up myself for a bodysock I bought recently on eBay, but haven't
> figured out how to do it. All experimental models welcome!!!

I just used two alutubes from the local DIY-shop and attached them to the rearstays of my regular
bikerack. They come together at the top so they form an inverted V. Held together with zipties and
some ducttape to remove any sharp edges. Can snap a pic if you want.

Some of bike with experimental sock here: http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels (In
"Recumbents"-folder)

Mikael

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> "Don B." skrev...
> > Can someone please provide a photo of the tail piece structure required for a bodysock on a Tour
> > Easy? I'm trying to make one up myself for a bodysock I bought recently on eBay, but haven't
> > figured out how to do it. All experimental models welcome!!!
>
> I just used two alutubes from the local DIY-shop and attached them to the rearstays of my regular
> bikerack. They come together at the top so they form an inverted V. Held together with zipties and
> some ducttape to remove any sharp edges. Can snap a pic if you want.

I did the same thing [1], except I held the tubes to the rack with Jubilee Clips [2] and fastened
the top together and the top of the inverted "V" with a piece of old inner tube and electrical tape.

[1] < http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm >
[2] AKA hose clamps

Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket,
Earth Cycles Sunset and Dragonflyer

Hi, Don: Here's a link to a site with photos, parts list, instructions--the works. I'm getting a
custom Tour Easy EX in just over a week or so myself! :)

http://www.tigrr8.com/

Cheers,

Scott

news:<[email protected]>...

Don B. wrote:
> Can someone please provide a photo of the tail piece structure required for a bodysock on a
> Tour Easy?

In my case, I just used an Aerotrunk to keep the sock stretched. Its not as tall as the regular
tailsock assembly, but its longer so it keeps the sock stretched just the same. I have a few
pictures on http://allgoodnamesrtaken.com/10-25-03/ (the blue one).

For information on the aerotrunk, see http://www.angletechcycles.com/accessories/aerotrunk.htm

Mikael,

Thanks for the tip! I used tent poles from an old tent that has been collecting mold in my
garage for years. It worked well enough for me to take out on a 13 mile ride yesterday, but the
bodysock pulls the back of my neck forward so I may have to pull the handlebars back toward me
to ease the tension.

The kids across the street asked me if it is my Halloween costume. Of course it is!!

Even got a couple of "cool bike" comments.

Thanks to all who provided such useful tips.

Don B.

news:<[email protected]>...