Tour Easy bodysock tail piece

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Don B., Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Don B.

    Don B. Guest

    Can someone please provide a photo of the tail piece structure required for a bodysock on a Tour
    Easy? I'm trying to make one up myself for a bodysock I bought recently on eBay, but haven't figured
    out how to do it. All experimental models welcome!!!

    Thanks,

    Don Santa Cruz

    Tags:

  2. Pjclarkesq

    Pjclarkesq Guest

    Have you check teh Easy Racer Web site? (sure you have). Maybe they have or could send you a pic of
    the structure.

    Phil

  3. "Don B." skrev...
    > Can someone please provide a photo of the tail piece structure required for a bodysock on a Tour
    > Easy? I'm trying to make one up myself for a bodysock I bought recently on eBay, but haven't
    > figured out how to do it. All experimental models welcome!!!

    I just used two alutubes from the local DIY-shop and attached them to the rearstays of my regular
    bikerack. They come together at the top so they form an inverted V. Held together with zipties and
    some ducttape to remove any sharp edges. Can snap a pic if you want.

    Some of bike with experimental sock here: http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels (In
    "Recumbents"-folder)

    Mikael

  4. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Mikael Seierup wrote:

    > "Don B." skrev...
    > > Can someone please provide a photo of the tail piece structure required for a bodysock on a Tour
    > > Easy? I'm trying to make one up myself for a bodysock I bought recently on eBay, but haven't
    > > figured out how to do it. All experimental models welcome!!!
    >
    > I just used two alutubes from the local DIY-shop and attached them to the rearstays of my regular
    > bikerack. They come together at the top so they form an inverted V. Held together with zipties and
    > some ducttape to remove any sharp edges. Can snap a pic if you want.

    I did the same thing [1], except I held the tubes to the rack with Jubilee Clips [2] and fastened
    the top together and the top of the inverted "V" with a piece of old inner tube and electrical tape.

    [1] < http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm >
    [2] AKA hose clamps

    Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket,
    Earth Cycles Sunset and Dragonflyer

  5. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Hi, Don: Here's a link to a site with photos, parts list, instructions--the works. I'm getting a
    custom Tour Easy EX in just over a week or so myself! :)

    http://www.tigrr8.com/

    Cheers,

    Scott

    news:<[email protected]>...

  6. Don B. wrote:
    > Can someone please provide a photo of the tail piece structure required for a bodysock on a
    > Tour Easy?

    In my case, I just used an Aerotrunk to keep the sock stretched. Its not as tall as the regular
    tailsock assembly, but its longer so it keeps the sock stretched just the same. I have a few
    pictures on http://allgoodnamesrtaken.com/10-25-03/ (the blue one).

    For information on the aerotrunk, see http://www.angletechcycles.com/accessories/aerotrunk.htm

  7. Don B.

    Don B. Guest

    Mikael,

    Thanks for the tip! I used tent poles from an old tent that has been collecting mold in my
    garage for years. It worked well enough for me to take out on a 13 mile ride yesterday, but the
    bodysock pulls the back of my neck forward so I may have to pull the handlebars back toward me
    to ease the tension.

    The kids across the street asked me if it is my Halloween costume. Of course it is!!

    Even got a couple of "cool bike" comments.

    Thanks to all who provided such useful tips.

    Don B.