Tour Not Clean yet: at least one rider sample positive

rob of the og said:
Chill out, we know Hamilton lives in the US. I understood Landis lived fulltime over here in Europe, but I'll take your word for it that any case would be handled by the US people.
:) Hamilton lived in Gerona where Landis lives... but like I say above it all comes down to tax breaks and its my understanding the US like the UK does not tax on overseas earnings..... see Mick Jagger... he studied to be an accountant and realised due to tax laws that if the Rolling Stones tour outside of the UK he could make a lot of money... and he did ! and he is still making loads of money !

Pablo_e said:
Think about this:

- Landis starts 6 secondes later on the Prologue (Strasbourg - Strasbourg). So he would not get the yellow jersey.
- He had on stage 11, 12 and 15 the yellow jersey, but that was only because he had to go with Kloden, Menchov or Evans.
- He did almost everything that he could do to lose the yellow jersey.

And what i know is that only the yellow jersey, the winner of a stage and 2 or 3 others from a peleton.

So you can say he wanted to avoid the dopingcontrol.

yeah.. and think how bad he do in dl.. souch inprovmens are not possible if you ask me

The dutch and Belgian media are also speculating about Landis.....All media find his sudden departure from the criterium of Chaam very weird.......(at the same time the statement from the UCI was released!)

According to Hunter he suddenly had pain in his hip so he went to a doctor in Germany.......

Source: The telegraaf

MJtje said:
The dutch and Belgian media are also speculating about Landis.....All media find his sudden departure from the criterium of Chaam very weird.......(at the same time the statement from the UCI was released!)

According to Hunter he suddenly had pain in his hip so he went to a doctor in Germany.......

Source: The telegraaf
I mentioned this before look 2 or 3 pages back;)

Pablo_e said:
I mentioned this before look 2 or 3 pages back;)
Oops.....:p :D

But, seriously it would be very sad. Is that the reason why Mcquaid said he would be very angry? Can't imagine him being very angry about nr 160 testing positive of the TDF......

MJtje said:
Oops.....:p :D

But, seriously it would be very sad. Is that the reason why Mcquaid said he would be very angry? Can't imagine him being very angry about nr 160 testing positive of the TDF......
why wouldn't he be angry about nr 160?

I think he expected a clean Tour...definately after the Fuentes-case. I think he is very angry at the person who used. Landis, Kloden or Vansevenant (nr. 139) it doesn't care.

I will not be surprised if it was Cunego who used...he was so good at last few days.....to good.

Pablo_e said:
why wouldn't he be angry about nr 160?

I think he expected a clean Tour...definately after the Fuentes-case. I think he is very angry at the person who used. Landis, Kloden or Vansevenant (nr. 139) it doesn't care.

I will not be surprised if it was Cunego who used...he was so good at last few days.....to good.
Yeah, youre probably right......I guess we need to wait....

Pablo_e said:
Well it can only either be of four riders... Landis, Perino or two randoms after the Morzine stage... they mentioned "big name" and now Landis has dropped out of the post Tour criterums which all Tour winners do because its tradition and they get paid lots...... I have to say my gut instinct is Landis....

whiteboytrash said:
Well it can only either be of four riders... Landis, Perino or two randoms after the Morzine stage... they mentioned "big name" and now Landis has dropped out of the post Tour criterums which all Tour winners do because its tradition and they get paid lots...... I have to say my gut instinct is Landis....
Looks more and more like Landis:

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/tour-de-france/2006/sport_sto932875.shtml

EuroSport is now reporting they can't get hold of anyone from Phonak.... oh dear.....
______

"John van den Akker, an agent who organised the appearance of the Phonak rider in the Dutch race, said: "We are really upset. We have put up a lot of money (to assure his appearance) and we are still waiting for an explication from him. (I suspect) something serious has happened.

"We tried to contact Floyd and his manager John Lelangue throughout (Wednesday) evening but we could not get through."

whiteboytrash said:
yeah i know...we have to wait.:(

whiteboytrash said:
Looks more and more like Landis:

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/tour-de-france/2006/sport_sto932875.shtml

EuroSport is now reporting they can't get hold of anyone from Phonak.... oh dear.....
______

"John van den Akker, an agent who organised the appearance of the Phonak rider in the Dutch race, said: "We are really upset. We have put up a lot of money (to assure his appearance) and we are still waiting for an explication from him. (I suspect) something serious has happened.

"We tried to contact Floyd and his manager John Lelangue throughout (Wednesday) evening but we could not get through."
This doesn't look to good for Landis.....if all media calls one name than it has to be the one. Landis name is being called more and more....every minute it gets worser and worser for him.

But i would laugh if Landis is not the one who used....

Landis was allowed to use Corticosteroids during the tour due to his hip wasnt he?

There is a possiblity that the corticosteroids could have have raised his test to epi-test level above the 5-1 allowed limit (they cannot test for Test as such, as it is a naturally occuring substance, so they test it against epi-test). Im not 100% sure if my idea is correct, but i would imagine if it is Flandis that this may be his defence.

Look at Dennis Mitchell who got failed a dope test for high test levels and said it was because the night before he had been drinking beer and having sex.

alvynmcq said:
Look at Dennis Mitchell who got failed a dope test for high test levels and said it was because the night before he had been drinking beer and having sex.
Well Floyd did mention he had a beer the night before his epic stage win but being the ugliest bloke in the peleton I doubt that he pulled some hot French hottie and banged her all night long..... did anyone note how much he was punching his fists after the stage win and had a go at one of the photographers as well ? The guy was raging full of anger or was that testosterone ?

cheapie said:
agreed. but the author of the article doesn't even know who it is so it really doesn't matter who he focus' on does it. ;)

In a very real sense, no it doesn't. But since we're talking about this subject., yes it does. The interesting thing about the article was that it was slanted in that way.

Pablo_e said:
But i would laugh if Landis is not the one who used....
I wouldn't. It doesn't matter if it's Landis or any other "important" rider. It's a major blow for pro cycling. German TV was already considering to stop broadcasting a lot of races and give the TdF less hours of live broadcasting because of the Fuentes case...

cyclingheroes said:
I wouldn't. It doesn't matter if it's Landis or any other "important" rider. It's a major blow for pro cycling. German TV was already considering to stop broadcasting a lot of races and give the TdF less hours of live broadcasting because of the Fuentes case...
It's especially sad, since it will be AGAIN a phonak rider..........:(

cyclingheroes said:
yes I agree totally.:cool: believe me i like this Sport very much..and i hate it, like every one else here....and like all the fans.

I think you misunderstand....I mean...all media calls the name: Landis.
I would laugh the media out because they were wrong (again!). They all speculate that he is the one.....but they have no proof....nothing.

My mistake i didn't write it clear enough.

alvynmcq said:
Landis was allowed to use Corticosteroids during the tour due to his hip wasnt he?

There is a possiblity that the corticosteroids could have have raised his test to epi-test level above the 5-1 allowed limit (they cannot test for Test as such, as it is a naturally occuring substance, so they test it against epi-test). Im not 100% sure if my idea is correct, but i would imagine if it is Flandis that this may be his defence.

Beer lowers testosterone.