Tour Not Clean yet: at least one rider sample positive

JensCph said:
CNN has Andy Lee quoted as saying "USA Cycling has not been contacted by UCI"
The no comment qoute of Der Spiegel is from today. At CNN website (sports illustrated) there is an article today where it says that even Cycling services doesn't get contact with Phonak. This is intresting since Cycling services (Gerry van Gerwen) is THE major player when it's about making money after winning a Tour (they handle the contracts for the European after Tour crits and much more...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/cycling/wires/07/27/2080.ap.cyc.landis.absent.0280/index.html

So no contact with Phonak myself, neither colleages in Switzerland, neither several newspapers and so on. I hope i am wrong but i am pretty sure that it's Landis. I don't know how much more major blows cycling can handle but the last 3 months where more damaging than 2 1998 Festina scandals...

In an interesting aside, has it occurred to anyone that his entire hometown may not know anything about any of this yet?

whiteboytrash said:
I agree, I think Phonak are waiting for the B-Sample before they comment... but to go off the raider completely after winning a Tour is very strange !

It implies if not guilt then at least the very real concern that they have something to be seriously guilty about.

Good lord, say it isn't so. After his heroic performance, we all wanted to believe; the sport needed something like that to salvage itself from the wreck of Puerto. But if this is a necessary phase, then I hope for more let downs; I hope all the dopers are caught soon, not just Landis. I guess this will mean Pereiro is our champion. I hope he is not just a 'more clever' doper, but a truly clean rider. I am starting to believe there is no such thing.

What a sad day.

Catabolic_Jones said:
Good lord, say it isn't so. After his heroic performance, we all wanted to believe; the sport needed something like that to salvage itself from the wreck of Puerto. But if this is a necessary phase, then I hope for more let downs; I hope all the dopers are caught soon, not just Landis. I guess this will mean Pereiro is our champion. I hope he is not just a 'more clever' doper, but a truly clean rider. I am starting to believe there is no such thing.

What a sad day.
A very sad day indeed. I am shocked. The only chanche is to get a complete reform in pro cycling. Verbrugghe, McQuaid out now!

cyclingheroes said:
A very sad day indeed. I am shocked. The only chanche is to get a complete reform in pro cycling. Verbrugghe, McQuaid out now!
Midserable.

Now all 3 GT winers "on the road" have either been doping or are under a cloud of suspicion - Giro, Tour and Vuelta.

Jumping the gun a bit but the Virtual tour winner would be Oscar Pereiro!! Sastre on the podium.

I hate this about cycling, and about sports in general today. Instead of openly cheering amazing athletic accomplishments, I find myself questioning their validity. I find myself being more suspicious, even more cynical, about truly outstanding performances in any sport.

The guilty must be ferreted out, expelled, and sports in general cleansed. Who knows who, if any, are currently "clean" (whatever that means). If it causes the fall of our sports heroes, then so be it. It certainly happened today with mine...

I'm still not getting why Testosterone. Obviously it improves strength, imcreases protein synthesis, and increases metabolism, but did he start it during the race? Or was he on it all along?

wicklow200 said:
Midserable.

Now all 3 GT winers "on the road" have either been doping or are under a cloud of suspicion - Giro, Tour and Vuelta.
GT Ceremonies in the future:

"the potential winner currently is..."

cyclingheroes said:
Means what?
Everything has gone to hell!
But little more vulgar.
Some gastarbeiter from ex Yugoslavia can translate you this literarily.

Andrija said:
Everything has gone to hell!
But little more vulgar.
Some gastarbeiter from ex Yugoslavia can translate you this literarily.
I thought so, that's what made me curious..;)

But yes you're right.

Does anyone know what the threshold limits are to be considered high and if the protocols hold the same when testing the b sample?

tcklyde said:
Well it happened again. L'Equipe doped an American rider and got him caught. I'm sick to death of these French reporters framing honest cyclists!
Good point and I loathe bringing it up but another USPS cyclist is caught again..... what did they teach them in that team ! ?