Tour of britain anyone been to watch

Future-pro

Nov 7, 2004
well yesterday was the first time i was at a profesional cycle race well not a race as such but a time trial in birmingham and all i can say his wow when you see the riders up close its amazing you definatly understand why these guys are pro. I think the highlights defintatly have to be seeing micheal rogers riding and the absolutley awesome ride by Nick Nuyens (Bel) Quick Step 4mins 54.06 secs the stage winner. If anyone hasnt seen a professional bike race of any sort be it a road race, time trial or a criterium or anysort for that matter i urge you go and watch. Oh yeh brought a souviner t shirt as well official tour of britain merchandise and would you believe it theres a mistake on it, it says the time trial is approx 60 km long when it was only 4 km hmm wonder if it might be worth any money

Yes, I did. The first Stage Glasgow to Castle Douglas. I was waiting in my home town. Mind you, blink and you'd miss it where I was standing! :D

Future-pro said:
well yesterday was the first time i was at a profesional cycle race well not a race as such but a time trial in birmingham and all i can say his wow when you see the riders up close its amazing you definatly understand why these guys are pro. I think the highlights defintatly have to be seeing micheal rogers riding and the absolutley awesome ride by Nick Nuyens (Bel) Quick Step 4mins 54.06 secs the stage winner. If anyone hasnt seen a professional bike race of any sort be it a road race, time trial or a criterium or anysort for that matter i urge you go and watch. Oh yeh brought a souviner t shirt as well official tour of britain merchandise and would you believe it theres a mistake on it, it says the time trial is approx 60 km long when it was only 4 km hmm wonder if it might be worth any money
i was working when it left Glasgow...i saw a brief moment on TV. did any TV channel actually cover it?

who timed this? the vuelta is on...all the big riders will be there...

oh yeh Jan Ulrich said he would be interested in riding it next year saw it today on the bbc news website so i guess thats one more big name from this years field the only big name i could think of was Michael Rogers the time trial world champ

MountainPro said:
Linda where in sunny Scotland are you? I am in Ayrshire..

Not too far away from you actually. Dumpfries. (Dumfries.) Have you ever been here? Hope it was worth it if you have been ... I pity all the oldies that draw up here in tour buses for a visit! :D

LindaNo1 said:
Not too far away from you actually. Dumpfries. (Dumfries.) Have you ever been here? Hope it was worth it if you have been ... I pity all the oldies that draw up here in tour buses for a visit! :D
Been to stranraer, cairnryan and whithorn...not dumphries though, always wanted to cycle the southern upland way...perhaps one day.

MountainPro said:
i was working when it left Glasgow...i saw a brief moment on TV. did any TV channel actually cover it?

who timed this? the vuelta is on...all the big riders will be there...
I agree, this past weekend we have the elite teams riding in the Vuelta, Tour of Britain and the Grand Prix in San Francisco. That's spreading it a little thin.

The Tour of California will be kicking off next year but it will be held in February:confused: . I can visualize the Peleton in the Sierra's dressed in Alpine ski clothes and the corporate cars will all be snow plows passing out logo ear muffs. February is the time of year we get some pretty big snow and rain. You really can't schedule it any other time unless you schedule it the same time as one of the elite races.

Question: Is there something wrong with the Tour of Britain web page ? It seems the News link is the only page that has current updates .

LW

MountainPro said:
Been to stranraer, cairnryan and whithorn...not dumphries though, always wanted to cycle the southern upland way...perhaps one day.
U must've been stopping off for a ferry then. I have been to Stranraer once ... I would say that it is worse than my bit, but not much ...

There is some lovely countryside round and about though, which I suppose is a redeeming factor. And we are quite near to Glasgow and Edinburgh too.

L

I believe that the london based http://cycling.tv have got a brief magazine program filmed before during and after the final stage. It includes interviews with the winner and Roger Hammond of Discovery Channel.

Let me know if you spot the delibrate mistake!

Regards

Ecowarrior