tour of britain website (pants)

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by ChrisH, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. ChrisH

    ChrisH Guest

    the tour of britain website is absolute pants, had a look at the very
    poor map of stage 1 and decided that to get to belmont arriving from
    teh West there must be a climb up Rivington Moor from Anglezark.

    there must have been 50 or 60 people who made the same assumption but
    the tour never arrived, went a completely different way that did not
    resemble the map whatsoever.

    I won't be bothering going to Yorkshire tomorrow and won't bother at
    all next year

    Tags:

  2. "ChrisH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > the tour of britain website is absolute pants, had a look at the very
    > poor map of stage 1 and decided that to get to belmont arriving from
    > teh West there must be a climb up Rivington Moor from Anglezark.
    >
    > there must have been 50 or 60 people who made the same assumption but
    > the tour never arrived, went a completely different way that did not
    > resemble the map whatsoever.
    >
    > I won't be bothering going to Yorkshire tomorrow and won't bother at
    > all next year

    Wasn't

    http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/pdfs/stage1_schedule.pdf

    sufficient for you to work out the route?

  3. "ChrisH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > the tour of britain website is absolute pants, had a look at the very
    > poor map of stage 1 and decided that to get to belmont arriving from
    > teh West there must be a climb up Rivington Moor from Anglezark.
    >
    > there must have been 50 or 60 people who made the same assumption but
    > the tour never arrived, went a completely different way that did not
    > resemble the map whatsoever.
    >
    > I won't be bothering going to Yorkshire tomorrow and won't bother at
    > all next year

    I'd be surprised if there'll be a next year with so little TV coverage. Just
    who will see the sponsors names ?

  4. Tracker 1972

    Tracker 1972 Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Stephen Clark" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "ChrisH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > the tour of britain website is absolute pants, had a look at the very
    > > poor map of stage 1 and decided that to get to belmont arriving from
    > > teh West there must be a climb up Rivington Moor from Anglezark.
    > >
    > > there must have been 50 or 60 people who made the same assumption but
    > > the tour never arrived, went a completely different way that did not
    > > resemble the map whatsoever.
    > >
    > > I won't be bothering going to Yorkshire tomorrow and won't bother at
    > > all next year
    > >

    > Wasn't
    >
    > http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/pdfs/stage1_schedule.pdf
    >
    > sufficient for you to work out the route?

    I must admit I was also a little dissapointed with the website and could
    make very little sense of the route from the map. They are coming to
    Sheffield tommorrow and I wanted to have a look but couldn't decide to
    watch the finish or just near the end. Downloaded the schedule and it is
    quite detailed but designed to be followed from one end to the other, as
    long as you spot a couple of familiar spots it is fine.
    I had decided to watch the finish but they pass about a 4 minute walk
    from my house, past the second nearest pub to my house...... tempting.

    Tracker.

    --

    mmmmmmmm, tasty.

    of course itsnotitsnot :)