Tour of Britain

Mark McN

Guest
The Tour of Britain is on in September!

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187

My favourite sentence:

> The Tour of Britain used to be known as the Milk Race but the
> sponsorship package went sour.

A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

--
Mark, UK.
We hope to hear him swear, we love to hear him squeak,

in message <[email protected]>, Mark McN
('[email protected]') wrote:

> The Tour of Britain is on in September!
>
> http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187
>
> My favourite sentence:
>
>> The Tour of Britain used to be known as the Milk Race but the
>> sponsorship package went sour.

> A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

;; may contain traces of nuts, bolts or washers.

Reply to Simon Brooke
> What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

It curd, I suppose, it depends which way they rennit. Why, do you
think it'll be going pasteurise?

--

Mark McN wrote:
> Reply to Simon Brooke
>> What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?
>>

> It curd, I suppose, it depends which way they rennit. Why, do you
> think it'll be going pasteurise?

Youghurt to be joking!

Simonb wrote

> Youghurt to be joking!

Stop this udder nonsence before Im forced to teat you a lesson.

On 1/6/04 10:05 pm, in article
[email protected], "Simon Brooke"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> in message <[email protected]>, Mark McN
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> The Tour of Britain is on in September!
>>
>> http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187
>>
>> My favourite sentence:
>>
>>> The Tour of Britain used to be known as the Milk Race but the
>>> sponsorship package went sour.

>> A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

> What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

Its a tour of England and Wales. Doesn't go anywhere near the other nation
in Great Britain.

...d

David Martin wrote:
> On 1/6/04 10:05 pm, in article
> [email protected], "Simon Brooke"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> in message <[email protected]>, Mark McN
>> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>>
>>> The Tour of Britain is on in September!
>>>
>>> http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187
>>>
>>> My favourite sentence:

>>> A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

>> What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

> Its a tour of England and Wales. Doesn't go anywhere near the other
> nation in Great Britain.

Perhaps it should be called the 'Tour of England and Wales' in that case?
And who's to say it won't go into Scotland/NI in future?

<rollseyes>

On 1/6/04 11:40 pm, in article [email protected],
"Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Its a tour of England and Wales. Doesn't go anywhere near the other
>> nation in Great Britain.

> Perhaps it should be called the 'Tour of England and Wales' in that case?
> And who's to say it won't go into Scotland/NI in future?
>
> <rollseyes>

Was there not supposed to be a tour de l'ecosse?

What would peoples suggested route be for a tour of Scotland? seven days
plus prologue, start and finish on a Sunday. Aim is not only to get good
racing but to visit some of the great places in Scotland and showcase them
for the tourists.

Here is a first stab at a route going anticlockwise..

Prologue: Edinburgh finishing by the castle

Day 1: Edinburgh Falkirk (past the wheel?) Stirling Perth (scone palace) and
finishing in Dundee for a great sprint in front of the Discovery.

Day 2: Aberdeen Speyside Inverness.
Another day for the sprinters.

Day 3. Fort William, Glencoe, Crianlarich, Ben Lawers to Bridge of Balgie,
past Schieallion to Pitlochry.
Another hilly day.

Day 4. Inverness, Lecht, Cairn o Mount, kirriemuir, Glen Isla, Cairnwell to
finish.
Hilly day.

Day 5. ITT by Loch Lomond. ( I was thinking of Skye or Mull but that would
be too far to go for the transfer).

Day 6. Stranraer to Gretna.
Last day with any hills, over the Rhinns of Kells or the Lowthers

Day 7. Jedburgh, Coldstream, Berwick, Edinburgh.
Or just Berwick to Edinburgh with a city centre circuit to finish.

thoughts?

...d

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BCE2C079.169D2%[email protected]...
> On 1/6/04 10:05 pm, in article
> [email protected], "Simon Brooke"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > in message <[email protected]>, Mark McN
> > ('[email protected]') wrote:
> >
> >> The Tour of Britain is on in September!
> >>
> >> http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4187
> >>
> >> My favourite sentence:

> >> A new sig for Peter Fox? ;-)

> > What a cheesy joke. Will the tour be going down you whey?

> Its a tour of England and Wales. Doesn't go anywhere near the other nation
> in Great Britain.
>
> ..d

I agree, it should be called the tour of england and the bit that sticks
out of england !

Grahm

Vincent Wilcox wrote:

> Stop this udder nonsence before Im forced to teat you a lesson.

Hey, don't have a cow, man. It's a Frisian country.

David Martin wrote:

> What would peoples suggested route be for a tour of Scotland? seven days
> plus prologue, start and finish on a Sunday. Aim is not only to get good
> racing but to visit some of the great places in Scotland and showcase them
> for the tourists.

To liven it up they could include some of the parts where the neds throw
stuff at cyclists, like a cross between the TdF and The Running Man ;-)

in message <40be074c.0@entanet>, Zog The Undeniable
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Vincent Wilcox wrote:
>
>> Stop this udder nonsence before Im forced to teat you a lesson.
>>

> Hey, don't have a cow, man. It's a Frisian country.

I think that's a load of bull.

;; Our modern industrial economy takes a mountain covered with trees,
;; lakes, running streams and transforms it into a mountain of junk,
;; garbage, slime pits, and debris. -- Edward Abbey

Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message <40be074c.0@entanet>, Zog The Undeniable
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>

>>Vincent Wilcox wrote:
>>

>>>Stop this udder nonsence before Im forced to teat you a lesson.
>>>

>>Hey, don't have a cow, man. It's a Frisian country.

> I think that's a load of bull.

Pint taken.

Dave Kahn wrote:

> The public should lap it up. But will it attract the cream of the talent?

It almost certainly curd. Put the date in your dairy.

*groan*

In news:[email protected],
Vincent Wilcox <[email protected]> typed:
> Dave Kahn wrote:
>>
>> The public should lap it up. But will it attract the cream of the
>> talent?
>>

> It almost certainly curd. Put the date in your dairy.
>
> *groan*

I was tempted to post about how good the puns were after the first few, but
now people are milking it for all its worth, there's no whey I will.

"Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Perhaps it should be called the 'Tour of England and Wales' in that case?
> And who's to say it won't go into Scotland/NI in future?

>/ pedant

NI is part of UK not GB, check your passport ;-)

(BTW what is the modern day relevance of the St Patrick's cross on the
Union Jack?, the NI flag is a St George's cross with a hand on)