Tour of Britain

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

____

The presence of Hamilton in the Tour of Britain has been widely criticised because he is implicated in the Spanish Operacion Puerto doping investigation. Race organisers thought he and the Rock Racing team would bring some glamour and controversy to the Tour of Britain but he will now only have a minor role in the rest of the race.

Rock Racing's day of pain began when Oscar Sevilla crashed after hitting a cat eye and brought Hamilton down with him. Rock Racing's team car does not carry any spare bikes because it does not have a roof rack and so Hamilton had to change bikes three times, using a neutral service bike and then a bike borrowed from Great Britain. He missed the decisive attack on Exmoor and finished the stage blooded and brooding. He refused to speak to the press and insisted the team bus door was closed.

The Rock Racing team had technical problems in the Tour of California and lack of good equipment, and things clearly have not changed. The team turned up to the Tour of Britain with big SUV cars fitted with racks and carrying bikes, but SUVs are not allowed in race convoys under UCI rules. In place of the banned vehicles they have a hastily prepared Saab 9-3 estate with no roof rack.

Instead of trying to be the bad boys of the peloton, perhaps Rock Racing should concentrate on getting their kit and equipment up to scratch.

Probably good when teams have not money for bikes why would they put money in PEDs?
The future of the new anti-doping system.

Powerful Pete said:
Nice win by Petacchi in his first race back after his ban...

Nice win for Alejet.

Although Rob Hayles was complaining about Alejets win and how he (Hayles) was preventing from challenging.
Hayles claimed that he was held back because he could not get around Backstedt saying "he (backstedt) is too big to get around in the last 100 metres" !
Strange comment.

limerickman said:
Nice win for Alejet.

Although Rob Hayles was complaining about Alejets win and how he (Hayles) was preventing from challenging.
Hayles claimed that he was held back because he could not get around Backstedt saying "he (backstedt) is too big to get around in the last 100 metres" !
Strange comment.
LOL. So Backstedt should have moved on over and invited him through? :rolleyes:

Anyway, happy to see Alejet back in the thick of things. I wonder if he can compete with Cavendish (who is younger with an admittedly more explosive sprint).

Powerful Pete said:
LOL. So Backstedt should have moved on over and invited him through? :rolleyes:

Anyway, happy to see Alejet back in the thick of things. I wonder if he can compete with Cavendish (who is younger with an admittedly more explosive sprint).
A great stage yesterday and impressive riding by Boasson Hagen. Di Luca did all he could to shake him on the climbs but he just powered his way back on the flats. It gave me hope for cycling's future to see this young talent, who rides on a team with an ethical, anti-doping culture, beating the likes of DiLuca and Victor Hugo Pena to the line. It certainly provided a distraction to the dire news of the Armstrong comeback. Cycling should be about young talents like Boasson Hagen, not about the old men with the big egos.

On an aside, how bad is some of ITV's editing on the highlights (or am I the only one watching)? One minute Pena is clear and cruising to the line - I didn't even blink and there's Boasson Hagen crossing the line with his arms raised.