Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by steephill, Feb 4, 2006.

  1. steephill

    steephill Guest

    I'm working on retooling my site to accept uploads from race spectators
    who wish to contribute their photos and movies (video) to a collective
    gallery called the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project. Each stage
    will be organized as a storyboard with the best photos and clips being
    rolled into a short nightly video. I'll be testing the setup with
    pre-ride photos and video around February 10th if you'd like to share
    your pre-ride.

    Updated Tour of California race details and an explanation of the
    Grassy Knoll Project:
    http://www.steephill.tv/2006/tour-of-california/route/

    Steve
    www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:42:41 -0800, steephill wrote:

    > I'm working on retooling my site to accept uploads from race spectators
    > who wish to contribute their photos and movies (video) to a collective
    > gallery called the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project. Each stage
    > will be organized as a storyboard with the best photos and clips being
    > rolled into a short nightly video. I'll be testing the setup with
    > pre-ride photos and video around February 10th if you'd like to share
    > your pre-ride.
    >
    > Updated Tour of California race details and an explanation of the
    > Grassy Knoll Project:
    > http://www.steephill.tv/2006/tour-of-california/route/

    nice project man

    keep us posted

    --
    Le Vent à Dos
    Davey Crockett

  3. On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:42:41 -0800, steephill wrote:

    > I'm working on retooling my site to accept uploads from race spectators
    > who wish to contribute their photos and movies (video) to a collective
    > gallery called the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project. Each stage
    > will be organized as a storyboard with the best photos and clips being
    > rolled into a short nightly video. I'll be testing the setup with
    > pre-ride photos and video around February 10th if you'd like to share
    > your pre-ride.
    >
    > Updated Tour of California race details and an explanation of the
    > Grassy Knoll Project:
    > http://www.steephill.tv/2006/tour-of-california/route/

    nice project man

    keep us posted

    --
    Le Vent à Dos
    Davey Crockett
    Dit 'NON' aux brevets Logiciels
    http://brevets-logiciels.info/

  4. Steve G.

    Steve G. Guest

    Are there any School Book Depositories near the route ?
    "steephill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm working on retooling my site to accept uploads from race spectators
    > who wish to contribute their photos and movies (video) to a collective
    > gallery called the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project. Each stage
    > will be organized as a storyboard with the best photos and clips being
    > rolled into a short nightly video. I'll be testing the setup with
    > pre-ride photos and video around February 10th if you'd like to share
    > your pre-ride.
    >
    > Updated Tour of California race details and an explanation of the
    > Grassy Knoll Project:
    > http://www.steephill.tv/2006/tour-of-california/route/
    >
    > Steve
    > www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

  5. steephill

    steephill Guest

    re: "Are there any School Book Depositories near the route? "

    That's the kind of humor I was hoping for. The people I know really
    like the name Grassy Knoll Project, but I've had a few complaints about
    it too. I think it's good name and hopefully over 40 years is long
    enough. But, if I think it's going to hurt more than help convey the
    modern metaphor then I may change it... reluctantly... to something
    generic and bland like the "Tour of California Internet Project."

    Anybody have an opinion either way?

  6. steephill wrote:
    > re: "Are there any School Book Depositories near the route? "
    >
    > That's the kind of humor I was hoping for. The people I know really
    > like the name Grassy Knoll Project, but I've had a few complaints about
    > it too. I think it's good name and hopefully over 40 years is long
    > enough. But, if I think it's going to hurt more than help convey the
    > modern metaphor then I may change it... reluctantly... to something
    > generic and bland like the "Tour of California Internet Project."
    >
    > Anybody have an opinion either way?
    >
    > Steve
    > www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

    I must confess I do not get the humor or the modern metaphor, but I'm
    also not offended. I would, on principle, not change the name. Tell the
    naysayers to STFU and mind their own business.

    Now I'll STFU and mind my own business.

  7. steephill wrote:
    > re: "Are there any School Book Depositories near the route? "
    >
    > That's the kind of humor I was hoping for. The people I know really
    > like the name Grassy Knoll Project, but I've had a few complaints about
    > it too. I think it's good name and hopefully over 40 years is long
    > enough. But, if I think it's going to hurt more than help convey the
    > modern metaphor then I may change it... reluctantly... to something
    > generic and bland like the "Tour of California Internet Project."
    >
    > Anybody have an opinion either way?
    >
    > Steve
    > www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

    It's okay. As has been recently discussed at length in rbr,
    California school funding levels mean there are no fripperies
    like extra school books, so there aren't any school book
    depositories in which the nonexistent extra school books
    would be stored.

    But on a pop-culture level, I don't think "grassy knoll" signifies
    "JFK assassination" so much as it signifies slightly unhealthy
    conspiracy-derived obsession with the JFK assassination.
    As such, it's already got an element of black humor to it.
    If you had called it the Zapruder Film Project, that would have
    been less funny and more psycho - unless of course your
    name was actually Zapruder.

  8. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    >re: "Are there any School Book Depositories near the route? "
    >That's the kind of humor I was hoping for. The people I know really
    >like the name Grassy Knoll Project, but I've had a few complaints about
    >it too. I think it's good name and hopefully over 40 years is long
    >enough. But, if I think it's going to hurt more than help convey the
    >modern metaphor then I may change it... reluctantly... to something
    >generic and bland like the "Tour of California Internet Project."
    >Anybody have an opinion either way?

    Keep the name you like. Who cares what the others think?
    -------------
    Alex

  9. steephill wrote:

    <snip>

    > Nonetheless, I may change it to the "Grassy Hill Project" anyway...
    > more family friendly but the subtle connection is still there. It also
    > dovetails with my site name. ;)

    Call it "The Cold Six Thousand Project." Hardly anybody will know that the
    hell you are talking about, but those that do will remember it was "The
    Grassy Knoll Project" and connect the dots.

    --
    Bill Asher