Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project

steephill

Guest
I'm working on retooling my site to accept uploads from race spectators
who wish to contribute their photos and movies (video) to a collective
gallery called the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project. Each stage
will be organized as a storyboard with the best photos and clips being
rolled into a short nightly video. I'll be testing the setup with
pre-ride photos and video around February 10th if you'd like to share
your pre-ride.

Updated Tour of California race details and an explanation of the
Grassy Knoll Project:
http://www.steephill.tv/2006/tour-of-california/route/

Steve
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:42:41 -0800, steephill wrote:

> I'm working on retooling my site to accept uploads from race spectators
> who wish to contribute their photos and movies (video) to a collective
> gallery called the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project. Each stage
> will be organized as a storyboard with the best photos and clips being
> rolled into a short nightly video. I'll be testing the setup with
> pre-ride photos and video around February 10th if you'd like to share
> your pre-ride.
>
> Updated Tour of California race details and an explanation of the
> Grassy Knoll Project:
> http://www.steephill.tv/2006/tour-of-california/route/

nice project man

keep us posted

--
Le Vent à Dos
Davey Crockett

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:42:41 -0800, steephill wrote:

> I'm working on retooling my site to accept uploads from race spectators
> who wish to contribute their photos and movies (video) to a collective
> gallery called the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project. Each stage
> will be organized as a storyboard with the best photos and clips being
> rolled into a short nightly video. I'll be testing the setup with
> pre-ride photos and video around February 10th if you'd like to share
> your pre-ride.
>
> Updated Tour of California race details and an explanation of the
> Grassy Knoll Project:
> http://www.steephill.tv/2006/tour-of-california/route/

nice project man

keep us posted

--
Le Vent à Dos
Davey Crockett
Dit 'NON' aux brevets Logiciels
http://brevets-logiciels.info/

Are there any School Book Depositories near the route ?
"steephill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm working on retooling my site to accept uploads from race spectators
> who wish to contribute their photos and movies (video) to a collective
> gallery called the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project. Each stage
> will be organized as a storyboard with the best photos and clips being
> rolled into a short nightly video. I'll be testing the setup with
> pre-ride photos and video around February 10th if you'd like to share
> your pre-ride.
>
> Updated Tour of California race details and an explanation of the
> Grassy Knoll Project:
> http://www.steephill.tv/2006/tour-of-california/route/
>
> Steve
> www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

re: "Are there any School Book Depositories near the route? "

That's the kind of humor I was hoping for. The people I know really
like the name Grassy Knoll Project, but I've had a few complaints about
it too. I think it's good name and hopefully over 40 years is long
enough. But, if I think it's going to hurt more than help convey the
modern metaphor then I may change it... reluctantly... to something
generic and bland like the "Tour of California Internet Project."

Anybody have an opinion either way?

steephill wrote:
> re: "Are there any School Book Depositories near the route? "
>
> That's the kind of humor I was hoping for. The people I know really
> like the name Grassy Knoll Project, but I've had a few complaints about
> it too. I think it's good name and hopefully over 40 years is long
> enough. But, if I think it's going to hurt more than help convey the
> modern metaphor then I may change it... reluctantly... to something
> generic and bland like the "Tour of California Internet Project."
>
> Anybody have an opinion either way?
>
> Steve
> www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

I must confess I do not get the humor or the modern metaphor, but I'm
also not offended. I would, on principle, not change the name. Tell the
naysayers to STFU and mind their own business.

Now I'll STFU and mind my own business.

steephill wrote:
> re: "Are there any School Book Depositories near the route? "
>
> That's the kind of humor I was hoping for. The people I know really
> like the name Grassy Knoll Project, but I've had a few complaints about
> it too. I think it's good name and hopefully over 40 years is long
> enough. But, if I think it's going to hurt more than help convey the
> modern metaphor then I may change it... reluctantly... to something
> generic and bland like the "Tour of California Internet Project."
>
> Anybody have an opinion either way?
>
> Steve
> www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

It's okay. As has been recently discussed at length in rbr,
California school funding levels mean there are no fripperies
like extra school books, so there aren't any school book
depositories in which the nonexistent extra school books
would be stored.

But on a pop-culture level, I don't think "grassy knoll" signifies
"JFK assassination" so much as it signifies slightly unhealthy
conspiracy-derived obsession with the JFK assassination.
As such, it's already got an element of black humor to it.
If you had called it the Zapruder Film Project, that would have
been less funny and more psycho - unless of course your
name was actually Zapruder.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
>re: "Are there any School Book Depositories near the route? "
>That's the kind of humor I was hoping for. The people I know really
>like the name Grassy Knoll Project, but I've had a few complaints about
>it too. I think it's good name and hopefully over 40 years is long
>enough. But, if I think it's going to hurt more than help convey the
>modern metaphor then I may change it... reluctantly... to something
>generic and bland like the "Tour of California Internet Project."
>Anybody have an opinion either way?

Keep the name you like. Who cares what the others think?
-------------
Alex

steephill wrote:

<snip>

> Nonetheless, I may change it to the "Grassy Hill Project" anyway...
> more family friendly but the subtle connection is still there. It also
> dovetails with my site name. ;)

Call it "The Cold Six Thousand Project." Hardly anybody will know that the
hell you are talking about, but those that do will remember it was "The
Grassy Knoll Project" and connect the dots.

--
Bill Asher